corner corner Shiver

by Nikki Gemmell | Literature & Fiction
Registered by LeighBCD on 10/4/2004

status (set by ABookFairy): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by LeighBCD on Monday, October 04, 2004

A novel set in Antartica but a relatively well-known Australian author. I bought this book in Melbourne after reading in The Sydney Morning Herald that it was the #3 bestselling paperback in that city.

Journal Entry 2 by LeighBCD on Tuesday, October 12, 2004

This was a pretty good book. There is a lot of Australian slang in it - which may be one reason why I loved it! - and the setting of Antartica is different. This is the story of a young journalist who travels to the South Pole and meets a man along the way - the meeting changes her life. I liked this book, I read a bad review of it somewhere (unjustified!), and am pleased I bought it.

I will be releasing this book into the wild. I hope whoever finds this book enjoys it. Please make a journal entry to let me know that you found it and when you have finished with the novel too. Release it into the wild again when you are done - it will make you feel good!! Thanks so much and welcome to Bookcrossing!

Journal Entry 3 by LeighBCD at on Saturday, December 04, 2004

Released on Saturday, December 04, 2004 at about 7:00:00 AM BX time (GMT-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada) at Roamin' in Ramsholt Geocache in Ramsholt, England United Kingdom.

I left this book in the Roamin' in Ramsholt geocache. This book is just like a travel bug so if you find it, please make a journal entry here and when you have finished with the book, release it into the wild again. Thanks so much! Welcome to Bookcrossing and I hope you enjoyed finding the cache!!

Journal Entry 4 by SueAndBernie from Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Monday, May 02, 2005

Actually found it in the "Typically Tiddles" Geocache:

Typically Tiddles

The book will be going off to the Canaries as part of our holiday reading matter...

CAUGHT IN WALDRINGFIELD SUFFOLK ENGLAND

Journal Entry 5 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Sunday, November 20, 2005

Sorry, we simply did not get round to reading this one - just too much on this summer and autumn.

Thought it was time we moved the book on so we dropped it off in a nice big travel bug hotel.

Cheers...

CAUGHT IN SEA PALLING NORFOLK (THE ORIGINAL ONE) ENGLAND

Journal Entry 6 by SueAndBernie from Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Sunday, November 20, 2005

Foey! Mucked up the previous log - have now followed intructions and logged on first.

Journal Entry 7 by ABookFairy from not specified, not specified not specified on Tuesday, March 07, 2006

This was in a geocache, and very excited I was too -- I've read about book-crossing and not quite understood how to actually find any of the books.

I enjoyed reading it. It's very well written and an interesting setting. The ending took me by surprise, though, and I was disappointed in it.

Journal Entry 8 by ABookFairy at Leicester University - English Dept in Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Released 11 yrs ago (3/8/2006 UTC) at Leicester University - English Dept in Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom

On the table by the lifts on the 13th floor.