corner corner Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Angel, The Hollower

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Angel, The Hollower
by Christopher Golden | Graphic Novels
Registered by midwinter of Tucson, Arizona USA on 9/26/2004

status (set by Kemppu): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by midwinter from Tucson, Arizona USA on Sunday, September 26, 2004

Picked up a bunch of these on clearance at Bookman's and now I'm slowly sending them out as RABCKs to spread 'em around. The Buffy graphic novels are a great introduction to the genre for most people. This one is off to ellymae58 in San Diego. Enjoy :)

Journal Entry 2 by EllyMae58 from San Diego, California USA on Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Thanks for this unexpected book, mid! I haven't decided whether or not I'll read this - I've never watched Angel or Buffy...but at least the cover is purty! LOL

Journal Entry 3 by EllyMae58 from San Diego, California USA on Monday, October 25, 2004

Including this with Summer Blonde, in a package to explorer1118m, to be mailed on 10/26.

Happy reading!

Journal Entry 4 by explorer1118m from Atlantic Highlands, New Jersey USA on Saturday, November 06, 2004

Thanks Ellymae58, i recently read this one, but i promise to send it on to someone else. :)

Journal Entry 5 by explorer1118m at bookrelay in Atlantic Highlands, New Jersey USA on Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Released on Thursday, December 09, 2004 at about 2:00:00 PM BX time (GMT-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada) at bookrelay in Atlantic Highlands, New Jersey USA.

To Myntti in Finland for the Graphic Novel Relay

Journal Entry 6 by wingmynttiwing from Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Received in the mail today together with X-Files comics. Thank you, explorer1118m! Angel is one of my favourite tv series, so it's interesting to see how it works in graphic novel format.

Journal Entry 7 by wingmynttiwing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Thursday, January 03, 2013

I read the book (well, comic or graphic novel) when I got it in 2004(!), but I didn't make a journal entry for some reason or other back then. The book has been sitting on my bookshelf for a really long time now, so it's time to let it travel again.

Was Angel's name revealed in an episode of Buffy or was it in an episode of Angel? I don't remember right now. Anyway, it was a bit distracting when Angel's friend was called Liam. Isn't Angel's name Liam?
The characters seemed somewhat oversimplified and the story wasn't that good either, I'm sorry to say. Well, let's see if anyone is willing to read this next. We've got a BC meet-up tonight.

Journal Entry 8 by Kemppu at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Thursday, January 03, 2013

I picked the book up despite the somewhat bad opinions about it. It does say in my wishlist that I'll try any Buffy or Angel comics anyway.

Journal Entry 9 by Kemppu at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Sunday, January 06, 2013

Not bad Angel comic, if not great either. The drawings didn't really look like the characters, notably Giles and Drusilla. And yes, Angel's name was Liam before he was made a vampire. Therefore the friend called Liam was a bit strange.
Worth reading but not keeping, so this comic will be set free again.

Journal Entry 10 by Kemppu at Pikilinna in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Sunday, February 24, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (2/24/2013 UTC) at Pikilinna in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland

To the book swap/bookcrossing shelf of the right hand side back room.