corner corner Under the Skin: A Novel

Under the Skin: A Novel
by Michel Faber | Literature & Fiction
Registered by killerinsideme of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA on Thursday, September 23, 2004

status (set by killerinsideme): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by killerinsideme from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA on Thursday, September 23, 2004

Wow. My first experience of Michel Faber was his sweeping Victorian melodrama THE CRIMSON PETAL AND THE WHITE. This book, which I found equally compelling, could not be more different.

This book came closer to making me become vegetarian than anything else I've ever experienced, including seeing the live catfish tank at the farmer's market in Dekalb County, Georgia and having a crush on a vegetarian.

This book is destined for a release spot where some hard-core animals rights people hang out. Maybe the restaurant Citrus in Chestnut Hill....

Journal Entry 2 by killerinsideme at Citrus Restaurant 8136 Germantown Av Chestnut Hill in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA on Friday, September 24, 2004

Released 9 yrs ago (9/24/2004 UTC) at Citrus Restaurant 8136 Germantown Av Chestnut Hill in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Though the restaurant was still closed when I got there, a VERY nice blond woman who works there said she would take it inside and leave it with the magazines and other reading material in the entryway.