corner corner Überraschungs-Surprise-Bookring-Diary-Journal-Büchlein-Notebook-Thingy

Überraschungs-Surprise-Bookring-Diary-Journal-Büchlein-Notebook-Thingy
by All of us :-) | Journals
Registered by SudoKris of Lathones, Scotland United Kingdom on 9/17/2004

status (set by Sao-Diego12548): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by SudoKris from Lathones, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, September 17, 2004

Here it is - the Überraschungs-Surprise-Bookring-Diary-Journal-Büchlein-Notebook-Thingy!!!
A friend of mine gave me this notebook and I thought Hey, why not turn this into a Überraschungs-Surprise-Bookring-Diary-Journal-Büchlein-Notebook-Thingy and send it on with my next bookring!!!

What you do:
Just write/draw/stick/whatever something in this book, sign it with the date and your screen-name, and send it on to someone else - doesn't have to be someone on the ring etc. that you got it from!
DON'T TELL ANYONE ABOUT THIS BOOK as it won't be a surprise otherwise... Just hand it on to people you think would like the idea!

Hopefully, one day, it's going to come back to me...

But until then - it's a Überraschungs-Surprise-Bookring-Diary-Journal-Büchlein-Notebook-Thingy!!!!

Journal Entry 2 by SudoKris from Lathones, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, October 08, 2004

It's on its way to GrammarBoard in Baton Rouge, LA, USA. It's my way to say Thanks for "Eats, Shoots and Leaves"... I wonder what she'll think...
~SudoKris~

Journal Entry 3 by GrammarBroad from Baton Rouge, Louisiana USA on Saturday, October 16, 2004

OK. So how do you say thingy auf Deutsch? It was definitely an Überrashungs and it will be a Bookring when I write my diary in the Büchlein thingy.

Here is my journal.

It arrived yesterday, but I was on my way to a Fußball game and didn't have time to journal it.

We had an English department meeting with one of the district honchos this week. The big push now in the state is for everybody to be teaching the same thing the same week. A lot of us are opposed to it, and one of the young teachers was complaining that the selections are too difficult for our kids. (We teach in a "low-performing" school.) And, anyway, teachers should be able to choose selections that we are passionate about. She kept using "Thanatopsis" as her example of something our students would have trouble with, and every time she said "Thanatopsis," another one of the teachers, a young man, kept saying, "Gesundheit."

Well, it was funny then. Guess you would have had to have been there.

:-)

GrammarBroad

Journal Entry 4 by GrammarBroad from Baton Rouge, Louisiana USA on Monday, November 22, 2004

Well, it's a long story, and you'll just have to wait until you get the Überraschungs-Surprise-Bookring-Diary-Journal-Büchlein-Notebook-Thingy back to find out what happened, but it is finally on its way...

...somewhere!

:-)

Sorry I held it so long, Kris.

Journal Entry 5 by fanclub from Baltimore, Maryland USA on Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Woohoo, a surprise Büchlein for me!!! :) I will journal it and send it on - I think I already have eine leiblingst in mind! (Did I spell that right?)

Journal Entry 6 by fanclub from Baltimore, Maryland USA on Monday, January 03, 2005

Written in, given love, and now being sent on its way! :)

Journal Entry 7 by alrescate from Strafford, Missouri USA on Monday, January 10, 2005

Whee! I feel quite special to have received this Surprise-Bookring-Diary-Journal-Notebook-Thingy! (Whew; what a mouth-full!) I have already read the entries ahead of me and I must say I really appreciate the chance to learn a little more about my Bookcrossing friends. (I now have a better idea of where fanclub lives based on the picture of her view!)

I am thinking about what I will write and who will get the SBDJN Thingy next!

**The picture** These are Dogwood tree blooms that I took last spring. I hope I see them again soon!

Journal Entry 8 by alrescate from Strafford, Missouri USA on Monday, January 24, 2005

I made up my mind weeks ago who would get this next but I struggled with what to write. My struggle didn't end well but I have finished and mailed it on.

**The picture** This is one of my dogs. Jackson is the 'baby' in the pack of six.

Journal Entry 9 by Vysion from Morrisville, North Carolina USA on Sunday, January 30, 2005

A truly wonderful surprise that arrived when I got back from Paris. It came on my second anniversary with Bookcrossing! It already has sixteen pages of text, pictures and other "items" ;-)

The picture is from the Bastille Metro stop in Paris.

Journal Entry 10 by Vysion from Morrisville, North Carolina USA on Thursday, February 03, 2005

I've added my bit to the journal, a couple pages about enjoying video games (with visual aids!) and hope to release it along its merry way this weekend.

alrescate, I attached your sticker to the blank page after your entry so it doesn't get lost. I hope you don't mind.

Thanks SudoKris for starting this. Fun, fun, fun! :-)

Journal Entry 11 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Monday, February 14, 2005

This very surprising notebook-thingy-whatever arrived in company with the Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam; many thanks! Now to come up with something suitable to add before I pass this along... [I love the "Thanatopsis" / "Gesundheit" bit, btw!]

Journal Entry 12 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, June 08, 2005

ARGH! I did not mean to hang on to this for so long; apparently it fell down behind the row of books-from-other-BCers that I always keep close at hand, and I didn't find it until today! So my entry will be about the warm, sunny day, and the lush (if somewhat overgrown with weeds) garden in my front yard. The picture shows columbines at the upper left, with Solomon's seal (the curved leaves with the little white drops hanging from them) and a groundcover of vinca (in the back, doesn't show much in this photo) and sweet woodruff in the front. And now I'm going to go out back and lounge in the hammock and read for a while...

[I'll drop this book into a bookbox that I'm sending out tomorrow, leaving it to the recipients to decide whether to take it or not. Thanks again for sending this, and sorry it stayed here so long!]

Journal Entry 13 by BlueAmazon from Gaithersburg, Maryland USA on Thursday, August 04, 2005

I found this in the LGBT bookbox. If nothing else, I'm going to look at it and send it on. it looks lovely though... and I somehow always knew fanclub would have marvelous handwriting.

This peacock kind of lives at the retreat center where I work. the Palos Verdes [CA] peninsula is full of them - it's kind of marvelous!

Journal Entry 14 by BlueAmazon from Gaithersburg, Maryland USA on Thursday, August 11, 2005

I'm sending this [as a surprise] to my very favoritest bookcrosser - I hope that she likes it!!

and Ant, the dolphin bookmark is for you!

usps confirmation # is 0304 1560 0002 2849 4626

Journal Entry 15 by wingAntof9wing from Lakewood, Colorado USA on Wednesday, August 24, 2005

I'm an idiot! This arrived a couple of days ago (which you knew, if you were tracking the delivery confirmation), and got moved to the side (of the dining room, if you must know) when I was straightening up. This morning I was looking at this padded envelope by my desk, thinking, "that looks full -- like there's something in it!" duh . . . .

Anyway, thanks LOTS for the Cooking Club Cookbook, Blue! It will be perfect for the cooking class girls (a signed copy, no less!), and the Big Hunk (wow -- if I'd only known there was candy in that envelope today around 1:30 . . .), and the sushi pen (is that salmon?)! What a great package to open, and how fun to get to participate in this journal ring thing!

It's fun to read through these entries (online and on paper) and see lots of people I know, and quite a few LiveJournal friends.

I'll have to think about my entry, and who gets the Büchlein next. I'm leaving for Switzerland on Saturday, so maybe it'll go to the "Zurchers". . . I'll think about it. I actually have another journal to take with me, so this one may go out with a ring. We'll see. . . .

Thanks for letting me share in the fun!

Journal Entry 16 by wingAntof9wing from Lakewood, Colorado USA on Monday, August 29, 2005

This journal did come with me to Zürich! I'm meeting a few BookCrossers I "know" today, so I'll give them the other journal (since I've already written in it), and then a larger group on Wednesday night at their OBCZ, so I'll take this to that group.

I'm going to write a journal entry in my LiveJournal about my trip over, so I'll update this with a link when it's done.

Journal Entry 17 by KatColorado from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Wednesday, August 31, 2005

I got this little book from antof9 when she was visiting Zürich...

Journal Entry 18 by KatColorado from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Tuesday, September 13, 2005

It was nice reading about all you other bookcrossers out there. Whenever something like this happens, I realize how international BC really is and I like that a lot.

I didn't really have a lot to write about, my life has been mostly busy these last three weeks, I just started a new job and am still trying to find my way around.

I hope it's ok that I pass it on at the meetUp tonight. I don't have any bookrings at home and I got the book thingy at a meetUp as well from the lovely Antof9 ;-)

Journal Entry 19 by KatColorado at Café Gloria (OBCZ) in Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Thursday, September 22, 2005

Released 12 yrs ago (9/13/2005 UTC) at Café Gloria (OBCZ) in Zürich, Zürich Switzerland

I took this little book to the MeetUp over a week ago. I had to leave early because I was so tired and forgot about it. I wonder what happened to the book???

Journal Entry 20 by flying-bat from Baden, Aargau Switzerland on Thursday, October 13, 2005

I took it with me from the September meet-up in Zürich's Cafe Gloria where kat had brought it to. I didn't want to have it end up in the OBCZ bookshelf. However, it took me a while to make an entry and I think I didn't come up with much interesting stuff... well, I'll make sure that it will be on its way again soon! I like the idea of this Überraschungs-Büchlein-thingy though! :-)

Journal Entry 21 by flying-bat at a parcel in as addition to a bookring, a postal release -- Controlled Releases on Monday, October 24, 2005

Released 12 yrs ago (10/21/2005 UTC) at a parcel in as addition to a bookring, a postal release -- Controlled Releases

It's on its way again as a surprise together with the bookring "round Ireland with a fridge" started by humptydumpty.

Journal Entry 22 by bgy from not specified, not specified not specified on Friday, November 04, 2005

well, thx for the überraschung-surprise-bookring-diary-journal-büchlein-thingy! let's see what's inside... ;-)

**************************************

das buch macht sich auf den weg, den bookring "theos reise" eine etappe lang zu begleiten...

Journal Entry 23 by Maenade from Wedding, Berlin Germany on Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Received as a surprise together with Catherine Clément - Theos Reise. I'll see what it's up to.
To be read and to be written in.

Journal Entry 24 by Maenade from Wedding, Berlin Germany on Thursday, January 04, 2007

I fear that it's true - I kind of forgot about this journal-book-thing. I got it right when I started my master thesis and exams so there was a lot else to do. Well, the book was with me during one of the most exciting times of my life. :-) Finally I managed to write something inside but I haven't decided yet where it will be heading soon. There are some books here waiting to be posted...

It's on its way now!

Journal Entry 25 by Cliodna from Laer, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Sunday, February 18, 2007

Das Büchlein ist am Donnerstag mit dem "Zufallsring" hier angekommen. Bin (wirklich!)ganz überrascht! Und wo das Buch schon alles gewesen ist. Ich empfinde Achtung und Freude über diese Art, Bookcrosser kennenzulernen! Vielen Dank, Maenade!

Journal Entry 26 by Cliodna from Laer, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Thursday, February 22, 2007

Das Buch ist wohlbehalten hier angekommen - vielen Dank!!! Ausführlicherer JE folgt.

The book has arrived - thanks a lot!!! A detailed JE will follow...

... So, here we go.
I like the book very much. It's wonderful to read from fellow bookcrossers and to get to know them by reading what they have written. It's a very nice experience to take part as a reader and an author!

Thank you very much and keep enjoying this book!

Journal Entry 27 by Cliodna at BookRing in -- Per Post geschickt / Persönlich weitergegeben --, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Saturday, April 28, 2007

Released 10 yrs ago (4/28/2007 UTC) at BookRing in -- Per Post geschickt / Persönlich weitergegeben --, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany

Das Buch habe ich zusammen mit dem "Zauber des Zufalls" von Carmen Thomas erhalten - wie passend!

Weiterreisen darf es jetzt mit dem "Sterntalerexperiment", ich hoffe, dass es sich auch dort so wohl fühlt wie hier. :-)

Journal Entry 28 by Tshael from Lüneburg, Niedersachsen Germany on Saturday, May 05, 2007

Das Büchlein befindet sich jetzt in Lüneburg und darf demnächst weiterreisen.

Journal Entry 29 by mimiks from Dornstadt, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Das ist ja mal eine tolle Überraschung!
Das Buch kam zusammen mit dem Ring "Sternflüstern". Vielen Dank!
Ich werde es lesen und dann mit einem anderen Buch weiterreisen lassen.

Journal Entry 30 by RiekeBerlin on Monday, June 11, 2007

Ein suprise-book, für mich *freu freu freu*
habe es von mimiks beim kirchentags-treffen in köln bekommen. Nun ist es mit mir nach Berlin gefahren, wird gelesen und dann wird es weiterreisen.

Journal Entry 31 by Sao-Diego12548 from Köpenick, Berlin Germany on Sunday, September 23, 2007

The thingy-Büchlein traveled the astounding distance of... well, about 10 miles I guess ;) I still have to smile about how Rieke came up to me on the meetup (the first Berlin-Brandenburg wide, by the way) saying: "So, this for you now, but you must put it away right away and don't look at it until you're at home". Oh, how I loved that! It sure feels very special to have this little book here now :) Now that I've read all these JEs, I can't wait to read it.

(BTW: I smiled at the Gesundheit-Story too. This is exactly what my charming boyfriend says, every time I use a longer word (but never when I actually sneeze, ironically)