corner corner Intensity

Intensity
by Dean Koontz | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by awakeagain of Port Murray, New Jersey USA on 9/12/2004

status (set by VaniaGomes): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by awakeagain from Port Murray, New Jersey USA on Sunday, September 12, 2004

Book Description
Past midnight, Chyna Shepherd, twenty- six, gazed out a moonlit window, unable to sleep on her first night in the Napa Valley home of her best friend's family. Instinct proves reliable. A murderous sociopath, Edgler Forman Vess, has entered the house, intent on killing everyone inside. A self-proclaimed "homicidal adventure," Vess lives only to satisfy all appetites as the arise, to immense himself in sensation, t o live without fear, remorse or limits, to live with intensity. Chyna is trapped in his deadly orbit.

Chyna is a survivor, toughened by a lifelong struggle for safety and self-respect. Now she will be tested as never before. At first her sole aim is to get out alive-until, by chance, she learns the identity of Vess's next intended victim, a faraway innocent only she can save. Driven by a newly discovered thirst for meaning beyond mere self-preservation, Chyna musters every inner resource she has to save an endangered girl--as moment by moment, the terrifying threat Edgler Foreman Vess intensifies.

Journal Entry 2 by awakeagain from Port Murray, New Jersey USA on Monday, October 11, 2004

Mailed to lauraloo29 as a BookRelay request

Journal Entry 3 by winglauraloo29wing from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Thursday, October 21, 2004

Arrived safe and sound. Thank you!

Journal Entry 4 by winglauraloo29wing from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, December 08, 2004

I've taken a look at my shelves today. So many books! Now that I've had a chance to look at this book, it doesn't appeal to me. I shall search for a good home for it. :)

Journal Entry 5 by winglauraloo29wing from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Thursday, January 06, 2005

Accepted by Virgulina as part of the "Always International" Relay

Journal Entry 6 by usedtobe on Wednesday, January 26, 2005

It arrived here today. Thanks lauraloo29! :o)

Journal Entry 7 by usedtobe on Monday, November 27, 2006

Up until now I've very much enjoyed Koontz's writing and this book was recommended by a good friend of mine as being one of his best. Unfortunately I'll have to disagree! I struggled through it, every time I picked it up I ended up sleepy, not a very good sign with a book that intended to be suspenseful. The story was way too predictable, there weren't many twists and turns as is usual with Koontz, and I wasn't even scared. I found Chyna very irritating and to tell you the truth I was rooting for Vess to finish her up! :op This one is now going to fflloorr, who also likes Koontz's books. I truly hope you enjoy it more than I did!

Journal Entry 8 by fflloorr from Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Tuesday, November 28, 2006

it's with me.

Journal Entry 9 by fflloorr from Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Monday, January 29, 2007

This book was so boring, not like all the others I've read from this author. Well, every author has its bad moments, right?

Journal Entry 10 by Gyd from Barcelona, Barcelona Spain on Friday, February 02, 2007

Fflloorr's been so kind to pass on this book to me. I'm in need of an easy & entertaining read so hopefully Koontz will do it for me - though, I have to say, last entries didn't do much to encourage me! ;0) ...

Journal Entry 11 by Gyd from Barcelona, Barcelona Spain on Saturday, February 10, 2007

Well, it seems I'm the first one in the list to find the book enjoyable :)

Thanks for sharing.

Journal Entry 12 by ichigochi from Vila Nova de Gaia, Porto Portugal on Monday, July 23, 2007

It's with me. It will be my first Koontz.
Thank you Gyd! :)

Journal Entry 13 by ichigochi from Vila Nova de Gaia, Porto Portugal on Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I have read it a while ago and I also found it a bit too slow and descriptive for a suspense book, particularly with the action being frequently interrupted by flashbacks to events in Chyna's past...

The book is now reserved for a virtual BookBox "de par em par".

10 Jan: Sent to AnjoDiogo today. Hope you enjoy it. :)

Journal Entry 14 by AnjoDiogo from Alcochete, Setúbal Portugal on Friday, January 11, 2008

Chegou de boa Saúde.

Como a pilha dos TBR não para de crescer, e uma vez que a parteleira ameaça vir abaixo, vai ser libertado em RABCK.

Journal Entry 15 by AnjoDiogo from Alcochete, Setúbal Portugal on Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Vai seguir viagem para a VâniaGomes.
Parabéns e boas leituras.

Journal Entry 16 by VaniaGomes from Paredes, Porto Portugal on Saturday, February 14, 2009

ola ola, já o recebi o livro.

obrigada*