corner corner The Way of the Traitor

The Way of the Traitor
by Laura Joh Rowland | Literature & Fiction
Registered by alrescate of Strafford, Missouri USA on Tuesday, September 07, 2004

status (set by lusite): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by alrescate from Strafford, Missouri USA on Tuesday, September 07, 2004

This is the third book in the Santo Ichiro series. I love these books and have read the whole series. I have been holding on to this copy for some time and I think it is time to finally let it go.

From the back:
A volatile, corrupt city threatened by foreign invasion and run by an iron-fisted government, Nagasaki is the last place Sano Ichiro wants to be. Unfortunately, the shogun's Most Honorable Investigator of Events, Situations, and People has been banished there by a wicked adversary in the shogun's court.
Surrounded by spies, Sano must tread carefully. When the body of a Dutch trader washes ashore, he finds himself leading an investigation that could push Japan into war-even as it thrusts his life into the hands of powerful enemies.

The cover art on my copy is different than the art shown here.

Journal Entry 2 by alrescate at Union Station in St. Louis, Missouri USA on Friday, September 24, 2004

Released 9 yrs ago (9/25/2004 UTC) at Union Station in St. Louis, Missouri USA

I will release this somewhere in Union Station. (I might leave it in the mall or in the lobby area of the hotel.)

Journal Entry 3 by lusite from Carlisle, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, October 30, 2004

What a delightful surprise - to find this book and be asked to read it & send it on its way. I loved Union Station and the hotel - I was there for a conference in lste September.

I am a mystery buff and had read only one other Japanese mystery - they tell you the murderer before the ending.

I hope to release it in a place likely to send it on an international journey.

Thanks.