corner corner Momilies - As My Mother Used To Say...

Momilies - As My Mother Used To Say...
by Michele Slung | Humor
Registered by jessibud of Toronto, Ontario Canada on 9/4/2004

status (set by bookczuk): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by jessibud from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Saturday, September 04, 2004

You don't have to BE a mother to appreciate (or not!!) these timeless sayings! If you had a mother, knew a mother or tried to avoid mothers, these words will be ringing in your ears!!!

A very funny book. I actually gave this to my mother once, for Mother's Day! (Good thing she laughed..!)

(cover different from what is pictured, above, although, I have to say, I rather like the one pictured!!)

Journal Entry 2 by jessibud from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Sunday, May 01, 2005

Please PM the next person on this list for a mailing address and don't forget to journal when you receive the books and when you are done. When the last person receives the books, you may keep them, release them or pass them along and continue the ray, it will be up to you. Thanks, everyone, for participating! Enjoy!
Tentative list:

9 - Amaradevinmom - Kentucky
10 - Ceili - New York
11 - RedheadRaye - Iowa

Journal Entry 3 by R2 from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, May 06, 2005

These arrived in the mail today. They are a surprise Mother's Day read for C3.
Thanks Jessibud for putting this ring together.

Journal Entry 4 by R2 from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, May 08, 2005

I read this while C3 was haveing a nap. it was a very quick read but very funny. Some of these I had never heard before but others I have heard from my mom. :)

Journal Entry 5 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Monday, May 09, 2005

Lots of funny things that mothers say. Pretty good book. If you like funny things this would be a good book. I loved it.
Daughter of R2

CAUGHT IN CALGARY ALBERTA CANADA

Journal Entry 6 by C3 from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, May 11, 2005

I loved this. They were given to me to read on Mothers Day - R2 managed to set it up so that they would get here by then. Thank you jessibud for sending these without me knowing. And thank you R2 for thinking of me when you requested to recieve the books.
I loved the book - and as a mother i can understand many of the phrases. Lots of them i have either said myself or heard from my mother.

Journal Entry 7 by C3 at Bookring in Bookring, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Monday, May 23, 2005

Released 12 yrs ago (5/23/2005 UTC) at Bookring in Bookring, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

I am sending these books to Keister.

Journal Entry 8 by keister from Anchorage, Alaska USA on Saturday, June 11, 2005

Received Momilies, More Momilies and Stupid Men Jokes on Wednesday and just finally got to open the package last night. (summertime = very long workdays, sorry). Planning on reading them this weekend and sending them on their journey.

Just glancing at them last night, they will be a hoot!

Journal Entry 9 by keister from Anchorage, Alaska USA on Saturday, July 30, 2005

Fun books! Sorry I had these guys so long, work kept getting in the way. But they are now on their way to ds3233.

Journal Entry 10 by ds3233 from Sun City, Arizona USA on Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Received in the mail today. Thanks jessibud and keister.

Journal Entry 11 by ds3233 at fellow bookcrossing member in by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, August 06, 2005

Released 12 yrs ago (8/6/2005 UTC) at fellow bookcrossing member in by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

This fun little book is going to hotflash in Tucson as part of the bookring.

Journal Entry 12 by hotflash from Tucson, Arizona USA on Monday, August 08, 2005

Just got this. Will add to the stack of super postcards making the rounds with these books.

Journal Entry 13 by hotflash from Tucson, Arizona USA on Tuesday, August 09, 2005

I saw my Mum here: "Two wrongs don't make a right"; not only was I told "Don't go out of the house with your hair wet or you'll get a cold", I was admonished constantly about the evils of "night air" and was once practically dragged back into the house after wandering outside after taking shower (night air / open pores, etc...)
Haven't come across the old "you made your bed, now lie it" though :)

will mark this travelling, but it won't actually be on its way until Thursday of this week.

Journal Entry 14 by wingbookczukwing from Charleston, South Carolina USA on Monday, August 15, 2005

I dunno...I glanced through quickly but I can't find my one of my favorite pieces of motherly advice, spoken by mr czuk's mother to the czuk boys when they'd go out on Saturday night.

"Have a good time and keep your pecker in your pants."

On to Bumma, who lives in the same house with me.

Thanks jessibud for organizing this and hotflash for sending it along!

Journal Entry 15 by wingbookczukwing from Charleston, South Carolina USA on Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Bumma has opted out of reading these books, so I am awaiting the address of next on the ring. Thanks so much for sending them along!

August 22- sent to Amaradevinmom.