corner corner Violets Are Blue

Violets Are Blue
by James Patterson | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by BalouP of München, Bayern Germany on 8/23/2004

status (set by Daine): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by BalouP from München, Bayern Germany on Monday, August 23, 2004

Amazon.com:

Fans of James Patterson's resourceful cop Alex Cross will be relieved to find that he's back on familiar territory with Violets Are Blue--and, more importantly, that this is one of the best Alex Cross thrillers yet.

The malign criminal genius of Roses Are Red is fixing to give Alex a hard time once again. The FBI joins Patterson's dogged cop in a particularly unsettling investigation: two San Francisco joggers have been viciously murdered and are found suspended by their feet, with all the blood drained from their corpses. And when further brutal deaths follow in California and on the East Coast, Alex is forced to contemplate the bizarre possibility of modern-day vampires, although his instincts point him to one of the many sinister religious cults that flourish on the West Coast. Aided by Jamilla Hughes, a streetwise young woman detective from San Francisco, Alex finds that he has to crack not one but two impenetrable mysteries to stop further bloodletting.

Patterson fans expect the extremely concise, page-turning chapters (116 of them here!), along with a reluctance to dawdle over details of his hero's personal life, and both characteristics are firmly back in place. If you can resist reading this one in just a few sittings, you deserve some kind of a thriller reader's medal.

This book is one of my favourite crime thrillers although I must say that I've read the german translation. I like the Alex Cross myteries very much!

I'll like to trade it for another english book (maybe you have one standing at my wishlist ?) ; because I'm trying to prove my english skills by reading ;o)

Journal Entry 2 by BalouP at Fellow BookCrosser in Postal release, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Released 13 yrs ago (9/14/2004 UTC) at Fellow BookCrosser in Postal release, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases

Auf dem Weg zu Daine.- Gute Reise!

Journal Entry 3 by Daine from Bremen, Bremen Germany on Friday, September 17, 2004

Arrived today, thanks to BalouP :o)

edit 9.11.:
Well, this is not one of my favorite thrillers by James Patterson. It was quite tensing, but the story seems to me a little far fetched.

Journal Entry 4 by Daine from Bremen, Bremen Germany on Sunday, March 20, 2005

Geht auf die Reise mit der Bookbox "Serienweise Krimis"