corner corner Lucia Lucia : A Novel (Ballantine Reader's Circle)

Lucia Lucia : A Novel (Ballantine Reader's Circle)
by Adriana Trigiani | Literature & Fiction
Registered by JDT of Pleasanton, California USA on 8/22/2004

status (set by countedx58): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by JDT from Pleasanton, California USA on Sunday, August 22, 2004

Treated myself to this book with a local bookstore gift certificate!

Set in New York City in the 1950's, a compelling story (by the author of Big Stone Gap trilogy) of a charismatic young woman who falls in love, shakes the foundations of her family, and changes the course of her own life.

Journal Entry 2 by JDT from Pleasanton, California USA on Thursday, August 26, 2004

Very enjoyable and engrossing vacation read! As with other Adriana Trigiani heroines, I felt impatient at times with the Lucia's choices. But I thoroughly enjoyed the Italian family values and attitudes, the settings in New York and a bit in Italy, and the interesting technique of telling Lucia's story through Kit.

Journal Entry 3 by lisaxiii from Pleasanton, California USA on Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Received at last night's meetup. Thanks, JDT! I just finished reading the Big Stone Gap trilogy and am looking forward to reading this book by the same author.

Journal Entry 4 by JDT from Pleasanton, California USA on Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Happy to share this book with my favorite BCer lisaxiii. Somehow appropriate a week before we leave for Italy...
Released at our meet-up last night.

Journal Entry 5 by lisaxiii from Pleasanton, California USA on Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Finally getting around to reading this book, and I really enjoyed it.
I'll bring this to April's Tri-Valley meetup.

Journal Entry 6 by BayAreaBookie from Round Rock, Texas USA on Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Picked this up at our monthly meeting. Thanks lisaxiii.

Journal Entry 7 by BayAreaBookie from Round Rock, Texas USA on Tuesday, January 12, 2010

FINALLY got around to reading this book....hangs head in shame. Quick reading and enjoyable story. Taking to tonight's meeting to pass along.

Journal Entry 8 by BayAreaBookie at Panera Bread in Dublin, California USA on Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (1/12/2010 UTC) at Panera Bread in Dublin, California USA

Released at tonight's meeting. Enjoy, countedx58.

Journal Entry 9 by countedx58 from San Francisco, California USA on Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Picked up at tonight's local meeting. Thanks!

Journal Entry 10 by countedx58 at Livermore, California USA on Friday, August 06, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (8/6/2010 UTC) at Livermore, California USA