corner corner Memoir of the Bobotes

Memoir of the Bobotes
by Joyce Cary | Biographies & Memoirs
Registered by BookCrosser of Culemborg, Gelderland Netherlands on 8/20/2004

status (set by bookmaniac70): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by BookCrosser from Culemborg, Gelderland Netherlands on Friday, August 20, 2004

A first-hand account of the first Balkan War in 1912/13 on the Montenegrin front.
Cary writes about it as if it is just an exciting adventure, instead of a real war in which people die and are seriously wounded.
Cary served as a volunteer with the Red Cross.

Journal Entry 2 by BookCrosser at By mail in n/a, n/a -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, January 20, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (1/21/2008 UTC) at By mail in n/a, n/a -- Controlled Releases

Journal Entry 3 by pepita-di-Corfu from Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki Greece on Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The book just arrived. Thank you so much BookCrosser and also thanks for the wonderful postcard included! I'm with another book right now but plan on reading it pronto and come back with my impressions on it.

Journal Entry 4 by pepita-di-Corfu from Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki Greece on Monday, February 18, 2008

It was the first time since joining bookcrossing that i read a historical book. At times it was difficult to keep up with it since my knowledge about the Balkan war of 1912-1913 is very limited (even though my country is part of the Balkans) and there were so many changes of places and names and people but finally i'm finished. All in all it was good to get away for a while from the insignificant readings i'm used to having. I think if my grandfather were alive today he would be proud of this reading of mine! He was not a soldier in the specific Balkan war, but my memories of him are filled with me sitting by his side and listening to the stories he would tell about war some decades after, in places not far away from Bobote.

photo uploaded: the peace treaty of London. 17th May 1913

Journal Entry 5 by pepita-di-Corfu at By mail, a surprise RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Friday, February 13, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (2/16/2009 UTC) at By mail, a surprise RABCK -- Controlled Releases

i'm sending to book as a surprise RABCK to bookcrosser bookmaniac70 in Bulgaria. Since i've never sent a book to Bulgaria before, this release is going to help in my lifelong challenge of sending at least one book to every country of the world.

(the book is also taking part in charbono's Around the World 2009 Release Challenge which is organized in the bookcrossing forums

Journal Entry 6 by bookmaniac70 from София / Sofia, Sofiya Bulgaria on Friday, February 20, 2009

A great surprise and a great choice of a book! It looks soooo interesting! Thank you so much, you made my day!!!