corner corner Dune

Dune
by Frank Herbert | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by jinnayah of Ann Arbor, Michigan USA on Friday, August 05, 2005

status (set by thunderblain): permanent collection

Journal Entry 1 by jinnayah from Ann Arbor, Michigan USA on Friday, August 05, 2005

Pre-numbered label used for registration.

Journal Entry 2 by jinnayah from Ann Arbor, Michigan USA on Friday, August 05, 2005

Good morning, all, I'm Jinnayah (a handle I took from the X-Files episode Je Souhaite), and I am a proper Dune fanatic. In my family, that means I adore the original Dune and try to forget that Herbert ever wrote anything else. I suggest you do the same.

Dune is, after all, the greatest SF novel ever written, a proposition I would love to argue with anyone. The scope is breathtaking: I love to tell people Dune is about politics, religion, war & guerilla tactics, ecology, destiny, history, philosophy, parenting, and God only knows how many other themes.

I have read Dune six times now, I think, and I love it more every time. Maybe I'll read this copy again before releasing, but maybe not: I'm getting an itch for a wild release. I guess we'll have to see.

I obtained this copy yesterday at Ann Arbor's
Dawn Treader Book Shop
(734) 995-1008
514 E Liberty St
Ann Arbor, MI 48104

It cost $3.50, which is on the high end of what I want to pay for copies of this book, but it had been so long since I'd come across an available copy at all.

See the other copies of Dune I have distributed here(1), here(2), and here(3)

Journal Entry 3 by jinnayah at Calvin College - Prince Conference Center in Grand Rapids, Michigan USA on Saturday, August 06, 2005

Released 8 yrs ago (8/6/2005 UTC) at Calvin College - Prince Conference Center in Grand Rapids, Michigan USA

Headed to the Petra exhibit in its next-to-last weekend. Don't know exactly where I'll be able to release the book. Maybe the cafe. Will make more detailed release notes this evening.

EDIT 8:30pm: Released into the rack of flyers that is beside the ticket window, to the right. When I came out of the exhibit three hours later, the book was gone.

Journal Entry 4 by thunderblain from Caledonia, Michigan USA on Monday, March 30, 2009

still in first chapter