corner corner Ghosts of London [Published in English]

Ghosts of London [Published in English]
by J.A. Brooks | Literature & Fiction
Registered by YokoSpungeon of Dunboyne, Co. Meath Ireland on 8/16/2004

status (set by inkognitoh): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by YokoSpungeon from Dunboyne, Co. Meath Ireland on Monday, August 16, 2004

Stories of London hauntings.

Journal Entry 2 by inkognitoh from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, September 19, 2004

This book was part of my treasure haul for coming in second at the London Renegades "Talk Like a Pirate Day" Treasure Hunt. I am thrilled to bits with my placing and my prize and cannot wait to walk the alleyways and corridors of London with these ghouls and ghosties. I wonder if any them came about from a walk down the plank?

A big hearty and living, breathing thank you to the organisers and participants of the Treasure Hunt, it really was a grand day AARGGHH!

Journal Entry 3 by inkognitoh at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, April 08, 2013

This book was a long dry read on such a promising topic. Over the years I've owned it, I've picked it up now and then, dipping into each ghostly story (divvied up by area of London). Nothing really memorable or remarkable stands out about this collection of tales as the liberal use of 'first person' (or second, third etc) narrative accounts of encounters written in the phraseology of the day makes for some tough reading at times.

There are some interesting picture plates and annecdotes to enjoy if you are a true ghostly enthusiast.

Journal Entry 4 by inkognitoh at Civic Hall in Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, September 29, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (9/29/2013 UTC) at Civic Hall in Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom

Left on the steps of the Civic Hall during the release walk of the 2013 Bookcrossing 'Uncovention' (an annual meeting of Bookcrossers from all over the UK and beyond).