corner corner The Blind Assassin

The Blind Assassin
by Margaret Atwood | Literature & Fiction
Registered by newk of Adelaide, South Australia Australia on 8/6/2004

status (set by Anke68): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by newk from Adelaide, South Australia Australia on Friday, August 06, 2004

I am unsure why I haven't read any Margaret Atwood books yet. My big chance came when I was in a ring for this book. BUT that particular copy was cursed and seems to have taken a liking for spending years in transit. This book will take over that books BCID until (if/when??) the original turns up.
Then it can revert to this BCID. That all makes sense to me. Hopefully you.

Journal Entry 2 by newk from Adelaide, South Australia Australia on Friday, October 15, 2004

This number is now being used by goatgrrl's original copy of the book that has travelled from North America to Australia and then on to the UK and back. ALL in the slowest possible way including being "returned to sender" from UK to me! AND without being read by other than goatgrrl.
Phew I hope you all understand that.
It is now travelling (by sea of course) to France in the AppleAngle bookbox.
If the history of this book is anything to go by it may never be seen again....and I mean the book, the bookbox and possibly even the ship they are travelling on.

Journal Entry 3 by nikel27 from -- Irgendwo / Somewhere --, Hessen Germany on Tuesday, March 08, 2005

When I got the last bookbox I decided that I needed to record the entire journey of each book in the box and that includes it passing through my hands. I mean how else would one know that the book has been all the way to Germany and how do I know whatever became of the poor books that I didn't choose? I have my reasons for choosing or not choosing a book but maybe it is "just the book" for someone else and that it was fate that I passed it up.

I am journaling each of the books and I will be releasing them to the bookbox which has been a very useful practice in several of the other bookboxes I have participated in.

**************************************************

update:
thanks for sharing this book with me.
A very interesting story.

Journal Entry 4 by nikel27 at Post Office in BookBox, Ginsheim -- Controlled Releases on Monday, April 04, 2005

Released 13 yrs ago (4/15/2005 UTC) at Post Office in BookBox, Ginsheim -- Controlled Releases

Goes into Lilo37fee Englischsprachige Querbet-Buchbox.

EnJoy the book !!!

Journal Entry 5 by Geegal on Saturday, April 23, 2005

Thanks for putting this book into Lilo37fee's English bookbox

I'm a huge fan of Margaret Atwood. I also went to a reading and she signed my copy of "Oryx and Crake" :o)

Journal Entry 6 by Geegal at Café Frieda in Hamburg - Ottensen, Hamburg Germany on Saturday, October 14, 2006

Released 11 yrs ago (10/14/2006 UTC) at Café Frieda in Hamburg - Ottensen, Hamburg Germany

I am taking this novel to a meet up tomorrow

Journal Entry 7 by MissTerry from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, October 15, 2006

Caught today at Frieda am Park, Bernadottestraße 20 (Café) in Hamburg - Altona

Journal Entry 8 by MissTerry from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, December 10, 2006

Phew! Finally finished. This book has taken a very long time to read. I found it a bit slow in the beginning and almost gave up on it. But I am glad I continued with it until the end. I'm not sure what I was thinking throughout the book as the end did catch me a little by surprise though..

Journal Entry 9 by wingAnke68wing from Hamburg - Fuhlsbüttel, Hamburg Germany on Tuesday, February 27, 2007

I always wanted to read a book by Margaret Atwood, so I took this home with me from today´s meetup at the Geelhaus.

Journal Entry 10 by wingAnke68wing at Hamburg - Fuhlsbüttel, Hamburg Germany on Thursday, September 02, 2010

Hm, I somehow just couldn´t get into the book. A strange story, or rather several stories woven into each other, all a bit confusing. I almost gave it up, too, and in the end maybe that would have been the better decision...

Journal Entry 11 by wingAnke68wing at Tashkonak Hotel in Istanbul Sultanahmet, Istanbul Sultanahmet Turkey on Thursday, February 09, 2012

Released 6 yrs ago (2/9/2012 UTC) at Tashkonak Hotel in Istanbul Sultanahmet, Istanbul Sultanahmet Turkey

I left the book in the cupboard on the first floor.