corner corner The Ponder Heart

The Ponder Heart
by Eudora Welty | Literature & Fiction
Registered by Tiredngrumpy of Palm Springs, Florida USA on 7/30/2004

status (set by StinaRy): available

Journal Entry 1 by Tiredngrumpy from Palm Springs, Florida USA on Friday, July 30, 2004

I am looking forward to reading this book by one of my favorite writers.

Journal Entry 2 by Tiredngrumpy from Palm Springs, Florida USA on Saturday, July 31, 2004

A sweet, funny, sad novel so drenched in the American South the story couldn't possibly happen anywhere else. I love Eudora Welty's use of language and her eccentric characters. Reading her stories is the closest I can come now to hearing my grandmother's voice.

Journal Entry 3 by Tiredngrumpy at As part of a trade in Mailed to fellow bookcrosser, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, August 01, 2004

Released on Sunday, August 01, 2004 at As part of a trade in Mailed to fellow bookcrosser, Postal Release Controlled Releases.

This book is on its way to Bibliovore. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by Bibliovore on Monday, August 09, 2004

I came today with the mail. Thank you tiredndgrumpy.

------------

It seems that anything written about *the South*, whatever it is and whoever does it, treat its subject matter in similar ways: the place is quaint, magical, mysterious, apparently because it's closer to the Sun.

This was radically different from The Golden Apples, that I read previously, but it seemed curiously close to what Alphonse Daudet and Pagnol wrote about *the South*, in another time and another setting.

On to the next reader...

Journal Entry 5 by StinaRy from Long Beach, California USA on Thursday, April 14, 2005

Thanks for the RABCK!

Journal Entry 6 by StinaRy from Long Beach, California USA on Sunday, February 10, 2008

Finally got around to reading this -- don't know why I waited so long! The Ponder Heart was lovely - short, sweet, and simply a great story. I look forward to trying some more of Ms. Welty's writing!