corner corner THE HOUSE OF THE SPIRITS

THE HOUSE OF THE SPIRITS
by Isabel Allende | Literature & Fiction
Registered by chicarider of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada on Tuesday, July 27, 2004

status (set by slothwoman): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by chicarider from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada on Tuesday, July 27, 2004

I know it's horrible but I can't remember if I've even read this one. It's been sitting on my shelf for 4 years. Time for it to go. There may be someone just waiting for it!

Journal Entry 2 by chicarider at Uncommon Grounds, 1030 South Park Street in Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada on Saturday, August 07, 2004

Release planned for Sunday, August 08, 2004 at Uncommon Grounds on South Park in Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada.

Yes, another I will be releasing at the meeting on Sunday.

Journal Entry 3 by TigerCub from Kentville, Nova Scotia Canada on Sunday, August 08, 2004

I love the movie, have seen it over and over. I've never been able to get into Isabel Allende's prose, but I hope this one will change all that.

Journal Entry 4 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Tuesday, September 06, 2005

*gasp* Riveting and gorgeous. Thank you, thank you ChicaRider! I took this one on a trip to sea and was completely engrossed. Even the despicable characters were fascinating (and there were a few!). It definitely inspired me to learn more about Chilean history and try to decipher to veiled clues in the book...

CAUGHT IN HALIFAX NS CANADA

Journal Entry 5 by TigerCub from Kentville, Nova Scotia Canada on Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Whoops! That last entry was from me -- somehow got logged out while I was processing a huge pile of books in the wee hours of this a.m.!

Journal Entry 6 by bookhogger from Ottawa, Ontario Canada on Sunday, September 11, 2005

picked it up at the meeting

will try to finish it before I go.

Journal Entry 7 by bookhogger at One World Cafe, Agricola Street in Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada on Sunday, February 12, 2006

Released 8 yrs ago (2/12/2006 UTC) at One World Cafe, Agricola Street in Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada

Am bringing to the Feb halifax meetup

I never got past the middle of the book - other books kept distracting me.

Journal Entry 8 by bookhogger from Ottawa, Ontario Canada on Sunday, February 12, 2006

I ended up releasing this book at Pete Frutiques after meetup, back on a breadshelf near the milk products.

Journal Entry 9 by slothwoman from Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada on Sunday, February 12, 2006

This was insane. it was a cold terrible day, and i had to write a paper on this book. however, i still didn't have the book, and was going to go pester a friend in my class to see if i could borrow hers. As i was wandering around in pete's fruitique, dreading the walk to her house in the snow to get THIS book, low and behold sitting on a shelf was the very exact book i was looking for. It even is the same exact edition of the one i was about to go borrow. how flukish is that. thanks so much to the person who left it in pete's!!!!!!!!!!