corner corner Better World Journal

Better World Journal
by Bookcrossers | Journals
Registered by symphonicca of Ottawa, Ontario Canada on 7/19/2004

status (set by symphonicca): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by symphonicca from Ottawa, Ontario Canada on Monday, July 19, 2004

I was thinking, since we all come from diverse and varied backgrounds, it would be really interesting to start a blank journal for people to answer the following:

What would you do to make the world a better place? What needs fixing, what needs mixing, what needs nixing?

Come share your thoughts on how the state of the world can be improved--- what is and isn't working, what needs to be focussed on, what individuals and groups can do, etc...

The answer can come in the form of quotes, prose, pictures, advice, drawings, poems, or whatever creative spark makes you sit up and think! Also feel free to bring the journal to local meetups or collect thoughts from other people you know or come in contact with.

Beyond that, there are not many parameters. Please try to finish your entry within a month or so, and make sure to journal when you've sent it off or received it so we all know where it is. Other than that, have fun!

Particpants, so far, include:

Symphonicca (Canada)
Bookhogger (Halifax, NS)
jessibud (Toronto, ON)--- can ship internationally
lilkandystar (Winnipeg, MB)--- jopurnal stuck here.....

teacart (Vancouver, BC)
ChesireKaz (Monmouth Junction, NJ)--- can ship internationally
antsnax (Austin, TX)--- prefers to ship NA
adah-price (St. Louis, MO)--- can ship internationally
carpediempaxsss (Brazil)
daynoir (Australia)--- prefers to ship locally
MaraJade (Australia)--- can ship internationally
bishop75 (New Zealand)

... you?

and then back to me!

*************************

April 2005: After a VERY long hiatus, I am hoping to send this out soon! So sorry for the delay!

Journal Entry 2 by bookhogger from Ottawa, Ontario Canada on Thursday, April 28, 2005

I recieved this from symphonicca (otherwise known as my sister).
I am excited to make my entry and hopefully read everyone elses when it gets back to Canada.

I have wrote the next in line so it will be soon moving on. I found it a bit daunting really, to try to summ up anything specific about what I think makes a better world. Just ended up pasted some thoughts, and quotes.

I think international initiatives like bookcrossing, where people from many different backgrounds, perspectives and cultures interact peacefully and openly, is a good step forward.

Journal Entry 3 by bookhogger at -- Controlled Release in North York, Ontario Canada on Thursday, May 19, 2005

Released 12 yrs ago (5/19/2005 UTC) at -- Controlled Release in North York, Ontario Canada

It's in the mail today, on its way to North York.

Journal Entry 4 by jessibud from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Saturday, May 28, 2005

I received this book yesterday and it looks wonderful!! I can't wait to make my contribution. I will start collecting my ideas together and hope to be able to put them into this book in a timely manner....
Thanks!

Journal Entry 5 by jessibud from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Monday, July 11, 2005

I apologize profusely for having held on to this for so long! I am now finished with my pages (and had loads of fun doing them!). I have sent 2 PMs to the next person on the list but having had no response yet, I also PM'd the person after her. It's possible that she is away from her computer or that the PMs are not getting through. In any case, who ever replies first will be the next recipient and maybe the list can just be tweaked after that.

Thanks again for this. It's a fabulous idea and looking good!

Journal Entry 6 by jessibud from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, July 13, 2005

I did hear from Lilkandystar and have mailed the journal out to her this afternoon.

Journal Entry 7 by jessibud from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, October 26, 2005

I feel really terrible about this but I have PM'd lilkandystar 3 or 4 times since mailing this journal to her back in July, asking if she ever received it but I have not had any reply from her at all. So all I can conclude from this is that it was either lost in the mail, or that she has received it but for whatever reason, has not journalled it and/or is not receiving PMs.

I do apologize and wish there was something more I could do. It was a lovely journal with lots of promise

Journal Entry 8 by symphonicca from Ottawa, Ontario Canada on Monday, May 01, 2006

Just a note to let you know, I have decided to stop hoping that the original version of the journal will keep moving beyond Manitoba, and will be starting a new version of this journal here. Enjoy!! :)