corner corner Many Faces of the Great Mother

Many Faces of the Great Mother
by Terri Berthiume Hawthorne & Diane Berthiaume Brown | Religion & Spirituality
Registered by funsour of Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario Canada on 7/13/2004

status (set by KarinAlyssa): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by funsour from Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, July 13, 2004

This goddess colouring book has about 2 dozen pictures from herstory(as far back as 20-25,000B.C.) and around the globe-images of Kali from India, Tara-the female Buddha, Egyptian Isis, Christian Mary,and Rainbow Goddess of the Navaho to name a few. While not a religious person, I do enjoy colouring books and look forward to working on a bit of this one before offering it as a ray or ring. BIG THANKS to karendawn who RABCK'ed this one to me!

Journal Entry 2 by funsour from Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, July 20, 2004

The bookring list order:
princessaurora (penn-US only)
hotflash(arizona)
glowingdove (Fla)
back to funsour
Enjoy the time you spend colouring this one-take 2 pages and 10-14 days to complete it...let's keep this one moving and remain a RING not a RAY

Journal Entry 3 by funsour at -- Controlled Release in Peterborough, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Release planned for Thursday, July 22, 2004 at sent to another bookcrosser in Peterborough, Ontario Canada.

Sending off this colouring book for a ring-around tomorrow(2nd anniversary of me joining Bookcrossing)-hope it is well received and makes its way back someday.

Journal Entry 4 by jessibud from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Friday, July 23, 2004

Received this one in the mail today. It looks so interesting! I'm not at all religious and this is a subject area I know very little about but am fascinated by. This colouring book may take me the full time allotted to me as I want to read it thoroughly, as well (each colouring page has an short narrative beside it, describing the goddess, where she is from and a bit about her). The book was published in 1987 and has a kind-of *old*-ish feel to it but I like that!

So, which goddesses will speak to me?? Time will tell.....;-)

Journal Entry 5 by jessibud from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Sent this off today to KarinAlyssa. This was more difficult for me than I expected it to be; not the colouring but in finally choosing which goddesses *spoke* to me.....It is interesting to read about how each one of them is recognized and represented similarly yet slightly differently, across so many cultures and religions.

Journal Entry 6 by KarinAlyssa on Monday, August 09, 2004

Received this one in the mail today. I'm looking forward to colour it probably next weekend with my little sister. Thanks funsour for sharing another colouring book and thanks jessibud for mailing it and for the cute cat.

Journal Entry 7 by KarinAlyssa on Friday, September 03, 2004

I can't believe I kept this book for so long. I'm really sorry, but I had totally forgotten to mail it, plus I started another college year. Anyway, this book is on its way to Silver-Halcyon in Ottawa. Thanks so much funsour for another fun time with a book.