corner corner The Hundred Secret Senses

The Hundred Secret Senses
by Amy Tan | Literature & Fiction
Registered by snowbafeenay of Omaha, Nebraska USA on 7/8/2004

status (set by sudokugirl): available

Journal Entry 1 by snowbafeenay from Omaha, Nebraska USA on Thursday, July 08, 2004

Amy Tan is simply amazing! Her bestselling book, "The Joy Luck Club" was how I was first introduced to her stuff. It was in school, and our literature books had a small chapter from it that we were supposed to read then answer questions about it. then years later I grew an interest in Asian culture and saw the movie (not knowing I had read part of the same book years earlier) so after I saw the movie I decided to get the book to compare, the viola! I remembered. Then I started gettin other books by her, all of them very interesting, knowledgable, and suspensful.
A very good read though since I havent read it in about 3 years by description would be vague, I'd rather hear your comments to help jog my memory....

Journal Entry 2 by snowbafeenay at Blue Line Coffee -50th and Underwood in Omaha, Nebraska USA on Thursday, July 08, 2004

Release planned for Tuesday, July 13, 2004 at Blue Line Coffee -50th and Underwood in Omaha, Nebraska USA.

Journal Entry 3 by squirrel818 from Tafton, Pennsylvania USA on Tuesday, September 28, 2004

i found this book at a coffe shop in dundee. i really enjoyed it but then i always enjoy amy tan's books.

Journal Entry 4 by squirrel818 at jenvince's Lemonade Bookbox in jenvince's Lemonade Bookbox, Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Released 13 yrs ago (10/6/2004 UTC) at jenvince's Lemonade Bookbox in jenvince's Lemonade Bookbox, Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Journal Entry 5 by phillycarol from King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania USA on Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Taken from bookbox. Thank you!

Journal Entry 6 by phillycarol from King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania USA on Thursday, April 28, 2005

I never read anything by Amy Tan before but I enjoyed this book. At first I thought it was a little out there with Kwan's predictions but then I started to get into the story. Definitely very good. I might just have to look into The Joy Luck Club next.

This is on its way to lauraloo. Sorry for the delay in mailing it!

Journal Entry 7 by winglauraloo29wing from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Monday, May 09, 2005

This arrived today. I didn't feel there was a delay. :) Thank you!

Journal Entry 8 by winglauraloo29wing from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Friday, April 20, 2007

I couldn't get into this book. Not sure why. I did enjoy The Joy Luck Club.

Journal Entry 9 by winglauraloo29wing from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Sunday, April 22, 2007

I'm going to send this out as a ray.

Rules: Not many. Please journal the book's arrival and departure. And please keep it moving by keeping it no longer than 4 weeks. The last person is free to release the book as they wish.

1. LadyKnightNiko - US (Intl)
2. sunnybrook301 - US (Intl)
3. esq228 - US (Intl)
4. kobie03 - Canada (Intl)
5. sudokugirl - Bosnia and Herzegovina (Europe/Intl)
6. travelernnn - UK (UK or US) - no response

Beginning its journey on May 8th!

Journal Entry 10 by LadyKnightNiko from Liberty Township, Ohio USA on Tuesday, May 22, 2007

This arrived today, and I'll get to it as soon as I finish the ring I'm currently reading. Thanks!

Journal Entry 11 by LadyKnightNiko from Liberty Township, Ohio USA on Friday, June 01, 2007

UPDATE: I started this yesterday, I'm about 1/3 done. =)

Journal Entry 12 by LadyKnightNiko from Liberty Township, Ohio USA on Tuesday, June 05, 2007

All I can say is WOW. I've read two of Tan's other books (The Joy Luck Club and The Bonesetter's Daughter), but they didn't quite capture my imagination the way this one did. Thank you soooo much lauraloo for letting me in on this ring!

Sorry about the delay!

Journal Entry 13 by LadyKnightNiko at by mail in To the next participant, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Released 10 yrs ago (6/5/2007 UTC) at by mail in To the next participant, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

On it's way to the next participant.

Journal Entry 14 by lupingirl on Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Received this today - I will begin as soon as I have finished my current read.

Journal Entry 15 by lupingirl on Friday, July 13, 2007

I tried and tried, but I was unable to finish this. I just felt nothing for any of the characters. I was surprised because I have really enjoyed Tan's writing in the past. Oh, well....

I sent this out to esq228 today. Hope you enjoy it!

Journal Entry 16 by StinaRy from Long Beach, California USA on Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Received today. Just finishing something else up and will start on it ASAP. Thanks for sharing.

Journal Entry 17 by StinaRy from Long Beach, California USA on Sunday, August 19, 2007

It took me forever to get through this book. It wasn't bad -- just...I couldn't really get into it. but since I hate to just give up on books, I forced myself to finish it. All in all - it was OK. I've enjoyed other Amy Tan books much better.

Anyway -- will PM the next person in line and send out ASAP.

8/30/07 Update: sent to kobie03 via first class mail a few days ago. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 18 by kobie03 from Lewins Cove, Newfoundland and Labrador Canada on Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Book arrived today. Thanks. I'll read it this week and send it on.

Journal Entry 19 by kobie03 from Lewins Cove, Newfoundland and Labrador Canada on Thursday, September 06, 2007

Mesmerizing story, at times I felt like I was dreaming not reading. I liked the meanings of all the stories. The lines from the last page sums up the book for me " I think Kwan intended to show me the world is not a place but the vastness of the soul. And the soul is nothing more than love, limitless, endless, all that moves us toward what is true."
Thanks lauraloo29 for sharing this book.

mailed today to sudokugirl

Journal Entry 20 by sudokugirl from Sarajevo, Sarajevo Bosnia-Herzegovina on Saturday, November 03, 2007

Arrived safely this morning.

Journal Entry 21 by sudokugirl from Sarajevo, Sarajevo Bosnia-Herzegovina on Saturday, December 01, 2007

A very enjoyable read, which is exactly what I expected from Amy Tan. Thank you for sharing, snowbafeenay and lauraloo.

I'm still waiting to hear from travelernnn and will send the book as soon as I have their address.

12/08/2007: Haven't heard from travelernnn, so I'm making this book available.