corner corner Girls' Guide to Hunting and Fishing, The

by Melissa Bank | Literature & Fiction
Registered by Nolatari of McKinney, Texas USA on Monday, July 05, 2004

status (set by sweetsangria): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Nolatari from McKinney, Texas USA on Monday, July 05, 2004

A delightful bit of chick lit that kept me involved from beginning to end.

Journal Entry 2 by Nolatari at Controlled Release in Hammond, Indiana USA on Sunday, July 25, 2004

Release planned for Monday, July 26, 2004 at Controlled Release in Hammond, Indiana USA.

Released to Saphyre, via USPS, as a trade for "The Risk Pool".

Journal Entry 3 by Saphyre from Hammond, Indiana USA on Monday, September 13, 2004

Thanks so much for the trade. I really look forward to reading this. I am so sorry it took so long to journal. It arrived during one of the several crash and burn episodes our computer has had recently.

Journal Entry 4 by Saphyre from Hammond, Indiana USA on Monday, April 24, 2006

I read this a while back and had forgotten to update a journal entry for it. I never thought I was a fan of chick lit before. But after reading a few selections I may have to change my mind. I really enjoyed this one. Thanks Nolatari!

Journal Entry 5 by wingmsjoannawing from Columbia, Missouri USA on Wednesday, May 09, 2007

I pulled this from Saphyre's Current Fiction Bookbox.

I've heard so much about this book for so long that I don't think I can avoid it any longer. This'll make a nice weekend read one of these days after a long week at work.

Journal Entry 6 by wingmsjoannawing from Columbia, Missouri USA on Friday, June 13, 2008

I actually ended up borrowing the audio version of this from the library. Nonetheless, I'll add my comments here, then try to find a new home for the hard copy of this book.

Listening to the author read this book made the book much better than it would have been reading it in print. The book is a series of short stories -- almost like journal entries -- from a woman's life. The author has a great voice and it really comes through in the audio version. There were no earth-shattering insights here, but a perfectly interesting reflection on relationships. I think most people who were interested in this read it a few years ago, but it'd be a good choice for a long drive if you like audiobooks. The unabridged audio is approximately 6 hours.

One additional comment: I found it out of place and strange to have the one story about Jane's neighbors. I would have prefered to stick to Jane's stories throughout the book.

Journal Entry 7 by wingmsjoannawing at Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Released 5 yrs ago (1/13/2009 UTC) at Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

This is being released into sweetsangria's Covergirl Bookbox.

Journal Entry 8 by sweetsangria from Clackamas, Oregon USA on Monday, February 23, 2009

I already have a copy of this on mt. tbr so I will release it elsewhere:)

Journal Entry 9 by sweetsangria at Out of this world pizza in Hillsboro, Oregon USA on Saturday, March 28, 2009

Released 5 yrs ago (3/28/2009 UTC) at Out of this world pizza in Hillsboro, Oregon USA

Left on the shelf in the "mothers' room".