corner corner Herculine Barbin: Being the Recently Discovered Memoirs of a Nineteenth-Century French Hermaphrodite

Journal Entry 1 by wingbookczukwing from Charleston, South Carolina USA on Monday, July 05, 2004

I am a pediatric Urology nurse. As such, I have patients who have the diagnosis of intersex. There are pseudo-hermaphrodites, male, female and true hermaphrodites, there are girls with CAH, there are boys with varying degrees of unusual formations, shall we say....

Anyhow, this intregued me from that viewpoint. In our world, hermaphroditism made a splash with Middlesex. As this is supposed to be a memoirs of a nineteenth centry French Hermaphrodite, it should be an interesting perspective.

Journal Entry 2 by wingbookczukwing at Harold's Cabin Little Free Library in Charleston, South Carolina USA on Monday, May 01, 2017

Released 6 mos ago (5/1/2017 UTC) at Harold's Cabin Little Free Library in Charleston, South Carolina USA

To the finder of this book:

Welcome to BookCrossing, a unique community of book lovers, sharing their libraries with the world. This book is now yours to read, enjoy, keep or pass on to another reader. The BookCrossing ID, which you entered in the "Enter a BCID" box on the website, is unique to this copy of this book. If you make a journal entry (either anonymously, or as a BookCrossing member) all previous readers of this actual book will be notified by email, and can follow the book as it travels. BookCrossing is free to join, completely confidential (you are known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address) and a heck of a lot of fun. Be on the lookout for other books left in the "Wild"!

If you find yourself liking BookCrossing, there may be local BookCrossers who meet regularly in your area. Come join us! I've been a BookCrosser since 2003 and have found books left by others, discovered new authors to read, watched my books travel all over the world, and discovered a delightful group of readers online through BookCrossing.