corner corner Lucia Lucia : A Novel (Ballantine Reader's Circle)

Lucia Lucia : A Novel (Ballantine Reader's Circle)
by Adriana Trigiani | Literature & Fiction
Registered by mrsbridgewater of Holybourne, Hampshire United Kingdom on 7/5/2004

status (set by inkognitoh): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by mrsbridgewater from Holybourne, Hampshire United Kingdom on Monday, July 05, 2004

I've read Trigiani's 'Big Stone Gap' series and they were very enjoyable. Looking forward to reading this one too.

Journal Entry 2 by mrsbridgewater from Holybourne, Hampshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, July 13, 2004

A light, easy read! The heroine, Lucia, is very different from the heroine in Trigiani's 'Big Stone Gap' books, and the book is set in 1950's New York - so the setting, both in time and location is very different. A heart warming tale of a young career girl trying to fight against the conventions of her upbringing and her time.

Journal Entry 3 by purple-pixie from Nuneaton, Warwickshire United Kingdom on Saturday, July 17, 2004

"Found" at the BCUK national meet. This is a book I've been hoping to get for a while.

Journal Entry 4 by mrsbridgewater at on Sunday, July 18, 2004

Released on Friday, July 16, 2004 at BCUK 2004 Unconvention @ Apres Bar, Summerrow in Birmingham, England Controlled Releases.

Journal Entry 5 by purple-pixie from Nuneaton, Warwickshire United Kingdom on Monday, July 19, 2004

Sorry mrsbridgewater, I journalled my "catch" before you journalled your "release"!

Journal Entry 6 by purple-pixie from Nuneaton, Warwickshire United Kingdom on Sunday, August 01, 2004

This is a lovely book, the first I've read by this author. Lucia knows what she wants, but is it possible in a large Italian family with very traditional views? Tradition against modernity, family loyalty against personal desires.

I am sending this book to another bookcrosser.

Journal Entry 7 by inkognitoh from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Thanks so much. I have to admit, I heard about this book via Richard & Judy's book club. I'm not familiar with the author so hope that won't dampen my potential enjoyment of the story. I'm not sure whether it's the romantic sound of the authors name or the title of the book itself that compels me to read it more. Once again, thanks for your generosity in sending this book my way.

Journal Entry 8 by inkognitoh at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 22, 2011

This was a light and breezy read considering the trials and tribulations of the heroine. It felt like a very old fashioned and dated novel, not just because it was set in the bygone era of post war New York's Little Italy.

Lucia, Lucia really did feel like a vintage chick lit book to me, with it's focus on fashion through the career girl lead character and her circle of friends worrying about marriage and family, morals and manners.

I haven't read any Trigiani's other books and I'm not sure I would actively seek them out on the back of this one.

Overall the novel was a nice diversion on a long commute. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to have read it.

Journal Entry 9 by inkognitoh at Latitude Music Festival in Southwold, Suffolk United Kingdom on Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (7/19/2011 UTC) at Latitude Music Festival in Southwold, Suffolk United Kingdom

Left outside the Literary and Poetry arenas on either the Thursday or Friday night (it's all a bit of a blur). Hopefully whoever finds this book enjoys the read and managed to enjoy the festival through the rains.