corner corner The New Yorker Book of Literary Cartoons - Bookring

by Robert Mankoff | Graphic Novels
Registered by Cyberkedi of Atlanta, Georgia USA on 7/4/2004

status (set by lostbookisland): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Cyberkedi from Atlanta, Georgia USA on Sunday, July 04, 2004

Hilarious collection of cartoons from The New Yorker on literary themes. Some of these requre a knowledge of literature, which makes them even funnier.

Journal Entry 2 by Cyberkedi at Sent in the mail in Atlanta, Georgia -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Released 13 yrs ago (10/13/2004 UTC) at Sent in the mail in Atlanta, Georgia -- Controlled Releases

Mailed to begin this Bookring. The final order is:

Tuff517
mysteryfan03
Maddog1404
katalirob

Journal Entry 3 by Kitten22 from Ellington, Connecticut USA on Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Received this last week, but forgot to journal. Loved it!

My favorites:

Pages 19, 35, 40, & 52.

Sending off to next in line.

Journal Entry 4 by gkkk4 from Franklin, Massachusetts USA on Tuesday, December 28, 2004

This book, being all cartoons, is of course a very quick read - but very funny. Lots of good literary puns, worth perusing more than once. Thanks Cyberkedi for sharing it :-)

I'll PM the next reader on the list for an address to send it on to.
Cheers,
Gurukarm

Journal Entry 5 by jessibud from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Well, yes, I'm easily confused! I received this book 2 days ago, and forgot to journal it upon receipt! So, this is a two-for-one! As mentioned by others, it was a quick read. This book of smiles came at a good time for me, too; I've needed some chuckles these last few days! My favourite cartoons were on pages 6,7, and 92!

It's now on its way to SmilingSun!

Enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by SmilingSun from Westchester, Illinois USA on Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Just received from Jessibud in Canada. Will read and pass along - looks like it will be very enjoyable, and so perfect for a bunch of booklovers!!

SmilingSun

Journal Entry 7 by SmilingSun from Westchester, Illinois USA on Thursday, February 03, 2005

Just put this in the mail to Caligula. Some of the cartoons were "laugh-out-loud" ones. Thanks for sharing! SmilingSun

Journal Entry 8 by caligula03 from Hayward, California USA on Monday, February 07, 2005

The book has arrived. I'm looking forward to reading it. :)

Journal Entry 9 by caligula03 from Hayward, California USA on Monday, February 21, 2005

Great fun to read when stuck home with the flu. Favorites of mine are #11, 18, 50, 61, & 72.

Journal Entry 10 by caligula03 at on Monday, February 21, 2005

Released 12 yrs ago (3/19/2005 UTC) at

Mailing to LeafofHumanTree.

Journal Entry 11 by caligula03 from Hayward, California USA on Thursday, April 21, 2005

I have some bad news... The post office just contacted me to tell me that the book has been lost in the mail. I have a form to send to St. Paul MN to see if they can find the book. In the mean time I will look for a replacement for the book to get the ring going again.

Journal Entry 12 by lostbookisland on Tuesday, December 06, 2005

It is always a sad day when the Lost BOok Island heres of a book that was mistreated in the post and is without a doubt lost in the mail. It starts to make people wonder if the post is a safe place for our traveling books.

The Lost Book Island Resort would like to welcome this lost and wayward book and give it the rest and relaxation that it deserves after such a harrowing ordeal.

It is hoped that one day this book will be found by a kind person somewhere that will give this book the journal entry that will help it to not be lost anymore and so that it can someday return to circulation and find new readers.