corner corner Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency

by Douglas Adams | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by indielibrarian on Sunday, July 04, 2004

status (set by yllus): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by indielibrarian on Sunday, July 04, 2004

Journal Entry 2 by nice-cup-of-tea from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Received this as a little welcome gift from Indielibrarian - thanks very much!
Will read soon

Journal Entry 3 by nice-cup-of-tea from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Thursday, March 24, 2005

I read this many years ago as a teenager, and I think it just gets better and better with reading. Douglas Adams truly was a comic genius, and his writing is so original and sharp... *sigh* I wish he'd finished the third Dirk Gently.

Dirk is one of those characters that stays wtih you, and I sense a little bit of Ford Prefect in him, sharp, witty, obstinate, clever. The characters of Richard the computer whiz-kid, and Reg the Professor are also well painted. The book needs to be read carefully, since the plot is quite complex, but its worth the effort!

This is a fantastic book. I'll hold onto it a little while longer, and then maybe pass it on as my first RABCK...

Journal Entry 4 by nice-cup-of-tea from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Sunday, March 27, 2005

Sending to yllus 29th March 2005 as a RABCK (USA, economy post)

Journal Entry 5 by yllus on Friday, August 19, 2005

I am unbelievably rude!!! nice-cup-of-tea was so kind to send me this as an RABCK and I've neglected to journal. I am so sorry!!! Thank you again for your kindess. I promise to read next and then send off to the other person who had this on their wish list.

Journal Entry 6 by yllus on Thursday, March 02, 2006

What a fun book, I'm so glad I finally made the time to read it. nice-cup-of-tea asked that I send this on to another bxer when I was through as it is on their wishlist as well. So, I've sent off for the address and will get it in the mail soon!