corner corner Streeters: Rants and Raves From This Hour Has 22 Minutes

Streeters: Rants and Raves From This Hour Has 22 Minutes
by Rick Mercer | Entertainment
Registered by jessibud of Toronto, Ontario Canada on 6/28/2004

status (set by jessibud): permanent collection

Journal Entry 1 by jessibud from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Monday, June 28, 2004

If Rick Mercer is the reason you turn on the tv, then this is the book you've been waiting for!

I've chosen this book as my Canada Day contribution; I'm starting it on a bookring.

Journal Entry 2 by jessibud from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Thursday, July 01, 2004

Here is the final list. I hope to finish it and have it on its way by next week. Happy Canada Day to you all!

LIST:

1) me
2) catwoman
3) lauraloo29
4) jamesmum
5) nwpassage
6) cyrclark

back to me

Because it's such a short ring, I'm not closing it; if anyone wants to jump in, please PM me and I'll be happy to add you to the list.

Journal Entry 3 by jessibud from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Friday, July 09, 2004

I'm sending this book off on a ring. Even though Mercer's rants are all from the time period between 1993-96, his wit and humour are timeless and as wicked as ever! I loved this book and remember seeing him actually do many of them, on the tv show, "This Hour Has 22 Minutes". I hope everyone on this ring enjoys the book as much as I did! (I love political satire!!)

Journal Entry 4 by Catwoman from Sherwood Park, Alberta Canada on Friday, July 16, 2004

This book arrived in the mail today. It shouldn't take too long to finish.

Journal Entry 5 by Catwoman from Sherwood Park, Alberta Canada on Friday, July 23, 2004

I enjoyed several of the rants. I thought a few of them could have been a bit longer. Love to see Rick Mercer do his thing on the show. Thanks for sharing this book with me. I'll be dropping it off for lauraloo29 on Monday. :-)

Journal Entry 6 by Catwoman at on Monday, July 26, 2004

Released on Monday, July 26, 2004 at Fellow Bookcrosser in Edmonton, Alberta Controlled Releases.

Dropped this off for lauraloo29 this morning.

Journal Entry 7 by lauraloo29 from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Delivered through a couple of sets of hands. I love that! This looks like a fun and easy read. Thank you!

Journal Entry 8 by lauraloo29 from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Saturday, July 31, 2004

This was funny. I wish there was a more recent one. I'll pass it on as quickly as I can.

Put in the mail on August 6th. Sorry for the delay!

Journal Entry 9 by jamesmum from Richmond, British Columbia Canada on Monday, August 23, 2004

Oops - forgot to journal this when it arrived. DH and I both enjoyed this!

Off to NSPassage....

Journal Entry 10 by nwpassage from Prince George, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Book arrived today. I am going to start it right now!

Journal Entry 11 by nwpassage from Prince George, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, September 07, 2004

I'm done already. :) Argh, now I'm all riled up! I have to try and keep politics at arm's length these days; it just makes me too angry otherwise. Especially since the fiasco of the last election.

I am an admirer of Rick Mercer's work, and this was one of those books I'd thought about buying a couple times but never actually did. I am grateful for the chance to read it. Thanks for sharing this with us, jessibud!

I've PM'd cyrclark and will have this back on its way asap.

Journal Entry 12 by nwpassage from Prince George, British Columbia Canada on Thursday, September 09, 2004

Mailed to cyrclark today. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 13 by CityofLakesGirl from Covehead, Prince Edward Island Canada on Monday, September 20, 2004

Arrived in the mail today!
Need a good laugh so I was happy to see this in my mailbox!

Journal Entry 14 by CityofLakesGirl from Covehead, Prince Edward Island Canada on Sunday, October 10, 2004

So funny!
A great, entertaining read.
Although the material was a decade old-much of it was still relevant to the state of our country today.
Thanks so much for sharing!

Journal Entry 15 by CityofLakesGirl at -- By mail in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia Canada on Thursday, November 11, 2004

Released on Saturday, November 13, 2004 at about 2:00:00 PM BX time (GMT-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada) at Released by mail in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia Canada.

Putting this one in the mail this weekend!

Journal Entry 16 by jessibud from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, November 24, 2004

And it's HOME!!! yay! Thanks to all of you who participated and enjoyed this little gem. And to those of you who sprinkled your comments through it, too! I loved it!

I'm making this part of my personal collection but if there are any other Canadians (or anyone else!) who know and love Rick Mercer and would love to read this, PM me and I will be glad to share it.

Journal Entry 17 by jessibud from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, December 01, 2004

I hope this new journal entry works and reaches all of you! I have just found a fantastic link that you are going to LOVE!!! Do you watch Rick's newest show, *Monday Report*? I have to admit, I have only watched it once, mainly because I forget to. But with this link, you can watch clips from all the archived shows AND....there is a RANT every week!!! He is as fresh and as bitingly wicked and delicious as ever!!! WOOO-hooo!

Here's the link:

YAY!!!

(not sure why the link isn't showing up as a live link but just copy and paste it)