corner corner Black Evening

Black Evening
by David Morrell | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by k-j-h of Geelong, Victoria Australia on Wednesday, June 09, 2004

status (set by gameface): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by k-j-h from Geelong, Victoria Australia on Wednesday, June 09, 2004

A collection of short stories.

Journal Entry 2 by k-j-h from Geelong, Victoria Australia on Sunday, October 03, 2004

Taken from the table at Verb Cafe during the October mini meetup.

Journal Entry 3 by puppymummy from Melbourne, Victoria Australia on Sunday, October 03, 2004

Taken by me! I only like horror in small doses, so this should be perfect! I shouldn't get too scared at once...

Journal Entry 4 by puppymummy from Melbourne, Victoria Australia on Saturday, February 12, 2005

Really wonderful collection of short stories, a little disturbing but never too frightening or too horrible (which can often be the case). Very skilled writer, I will be looking out for more of his work.

Journal Entry 5 by Inappropriate from Melbourne, Victoria Australia on Sunday, August 16, 2009

picked up at the meet today.

Journal Entry 6 by kzel at Green Sage Cafe in Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Saturday, April 14, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (4/15/2012 UTC) at Green Sage Cafe in Templestowe, Victoria Australia

Taking to the meet up today

Journal Entry 7 by wingJenny-Gwing at Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Sunday, April 15, 2012

Woo hoo ! Recognised author, so was rather excited to see this on the bookshelf today, which made up for missing everyone.

Thanks, everyone. Especially Kev !

Journal Entry 8 by wingJenny-Gwing at Croydon, Victoria Australia on Saturday, April 19, 2014

Good grief. It's been down behind my bedside cabinet for TWO YEARS !

Just proves too many books in this house. Sorry, everyone, I've now replaced it on the top of the small(ish) stack TBR on same cabinet.

Was great to catch up with everyone last weekend at the Melbourne convention, and so a concentrated release planned for tomorrow - BookCrossing anniversary.

Journal Entry 9 by wingJenny-Gwing at Croydon, Victoria Australia on Friday, May 02, 2014

2014/#19

What a treat ! For some reason, I thought "a quick read of one or two" would suffice, yet after the first one - 'The Dripping' - I was sucked in, and now half-way through this.

Not only have I enjoyed the stories so far, I've especially enjoyed the introductions to each of them, which sets out the circumstances surrounding the inception of the story, and further insight by the author. Even mentioned this during yesterdays 'Bookchat' at Croydon Library.

Back to 'For These And All My Sins'.

Journal Entry 10 by wingJenny-Gwing at Croydon, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Really enjoyed this, and I'm not really into short stories per se.

Least of all was 'For These and all My Sins', as it left a bad taste in my mouth.

Equally enjoyable were comments by the author at the start of each story. Covering twenty years (1972-92) of his novels, this one also prompted me to look back and add another two to my wish list.

Thanks, everyone, for sharing this.

Journal Entry 11 by wingJenny-Gwing at Croydon, Victoria Australia on Thursday, May 08, 2014

Book has been neatly covered to protect it on its journey, and already has an 'I'm not lost!' sticker on the front.

Journal Entry 12 by wingJenny-Gwing at United States, Lifetime Release Challenge -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Released 3 mos ago (5/21/2014 UTC) at United States, Lifetime Release Challenge -- Controlled Releases

Another book against part 1 (United States) of my 'Lifetime Release Challenge' for eventual release.

Book, with BookCrossing magnet, posted seamail from Croydon at around 3.30pm Wednesday, May 21 2014.

Happy reading - hope you enjoy it !

Journal Entry 13 by gameface at Huntington Beach, California USA on Monday, June 02, 2014

Received this gem from Jenny-G today. Thank you SO much Jenny! Morrell is one of my favorite adventure fiction authors, and the Forward, describing his entry to fiction writing has me riveted. Love it.
Thank you again Jenny.