corner corner The Company : Portrait of a Murderer

The Company : Portrait of a Murderer
by Arabella Edge | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by imabookie of Toronto, Ontario Canada on 5/28/2004

status (set by brewski): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by imabookie from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Friday, May 28, 2004

A truly horrendous tale of cruelty and violence after a shipwreck. A novel based on the true story of a Dutch East Indies Co cargo ship which foundered off the coast of western Australia in 1629. The survivors spent 40 days of hell under the terrorizing reign of a s self appointed leader. One critic aptly states this book makes Lord of the Flies look like a walk in the park. An excellent historical novel !

Journal Entry 2 by imabookie at Tim Hortons Bayview & Hwy 7 in Richmond Hill, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Released on Tuesday, August 10, 2004 at Tim Hortons Bayview & Hwy 7 in Richmond Hill, Ontario Canada.

Released to Brewski as part of a trade

Journal Entry 3 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Received in trade for 'Tis with imabookie

Journal Entry 4 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Friday, May 02, 2008

Well I thought it was high time to read this book seeing as I have had it in my possession for over 3 years :) I guess I have guinaveve to thank for that since it is her Keep Them Moving Challenges that have prodded me into reading books that I have received from other BookCrossers.

This book was chilling, especially given the fact that it is based on factual events! It is hard to imagine the level of cruelty, arrogance, and disdain for human life that was displayed by Cornelisz. I found the story quite fascinating and will likely try to read a more historical treatment of this shipwreck in Mike Dash's Batavia's Graveyard.

Thanks again for the trade imabookie!

Journal Entry 5 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Monday, June 30, 2008

Went with my Mom to California yesterday who will read and release...but most likely will not journal. Anyhow, here's to hoping that the book finds more readers and journalers on the West Coast.

Journal Entry 6 by brewski at Richmond, California USA on Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (6/29/2008 UTC) at Richmond, California USA

Sent back to California with my Mom.