corner corner Chemmeen

Chemmeen
by Thakazhi S. Pillai | Literature & Fiction
Registered by Swazieb of Deering, New Hampshire USA on 5/22/2004

status (set by babyimran): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by Swazieb from Deering, New Hampshire USA on Saturday, May 22, 2004

This seem's to look pretty interesting & has sparked my intrest.
I'm not sure if I'll release this book when I'm done or not.

Journal Entry 2 by Swazieb from Deering, New Hampshire USA on Friday, October 15, 2004

This has been in mt TBR pile for awhile & I think it's just time to set it free, so I will be mailing this to Folia & hopr you enjy it.

Journal Entry 3 by Folia from Sorel-Tracy, Québec Canada on Monday, October 25, 2004

This one impressed me. Published in Bombay, India, so many years ago! Translated, but i'm not sure from what language. And here it was, in my postal box. It looks very promising. Thank you, Swazieb.

Journal Entry 4 by Folia from Sorel-Tracy, Québec Canada on Sunday, May 14, 2006

Well, it was translated from Malayalam, and it was in fact an interesting little book. Very fast to read (once you finally get to it!!), and it appears quite simple on the surface, but with some "undercurrents" (well, the story takes place in a little fishing village in the south of India) which surprise you when you don't always expect it. Might be a bit old (was first written in 1964), without being what i'd call a classic, but it helps discover one of the numerous aspects of India - closer to ordinary life than what more popular Indian authors have used us to.

Journal Entry 5 by Folia from Sorel-Tracy, Québec Canada on Thursday, September 14, 2006

Was mailed today (by surface mail) to babyimran, in Malaysia, who had it on her wishlist.

Journal Entry 6 by babyimran from Kajang, Sultanate of Selangor (Shah Alam) Malaysia on Monday, November 27, 2006

What a surprise when an office mate came by with one of those packages for the person who always receives books (quoted from fellow workers). The thing is, I have not been very active in bookrelays/bookcrossings that I always wonder what this will be (and hope it is not a bookring since I'm busy with my Masters).

Thank you for your kindness in granting my wish and that small note - will keep it to remind me to work hard for my Masters and finish it within the stipulated time.