corner corner Criminals

Criminals
by Margot Livesey | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by AngelChild of Otham, Kent United Kingdom on 5/22/2004

status (set by florriebelle): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by AngelChild from Otham, Kent United Kingdom on Saturday, May 22, 2004

I find reveiwing books quite difficult! And this book does'nt help at all..... i don't know whether i enjoyed it or not. At first i thought the details below (which were pinched from Amazon) referred to another book! I was expecting a "they all lived happily ever after" ending, but that did'nt happen (to my relief). The basic story is of a guy who finds a baby on the floor in a gents toilet and how that event turns 5 peoples lives upside down. Worth a read, but not (IMO) un-putdownable.

Five distinctly different lives are unexpectedly caught up in a frightening net of affection and fear, maternal and romantic love. The novel shows how families pull together, form themselves anew, and fly apart at the seams.

Criminals is a book of deep intrigues, full of suspense and of suprising moral revelation. Its Hardyesque subject can be said to be how lives are haunted, reconfigured, and even ruined by one small misstep. Conducted in tone perfect prose, it is the balanced, incisive, mature work of a fully accomplished novelist.

Journal Entry 2 by AngelChild at RABCK in RABCK, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Released on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 at RABCK in RABCK, A RABCK Controlled Releases.

Sent To Gyd In Spain
Hope You Enjoy It :o)

Journal Entry 3 by Gyd from Barcelona, Barcelona Spain on Friday, July 09, 2004

Thanks Caffcaff for sending me this book as a surprise. My TBR pile is not at its highest so I hope I won't make you wait too much for a new journal entry.

Have a nice weekend up there in Medway =)

Journal Entry 4 by Gyd from Barcelona, Barcelona Spain on Sunday, August 22, 2004

It wasn't until some days after I received this book that I realised I have read another by the same author already, 'Eva moves the furniture' (wich didn't enjoyed much ). So I'm glad to say that 'Criminals' held my interest from start to finish and it must mean something since I'm in a period of starting a book, reading a few pages and putting it aside...
Thanks Caffcaff, I hope it will keep on travelling soon...

Journal Entry 5 by Gyd from Barcelona, Barcelona Spain on Saturday, September 17, 2005

I still have this book in my hands;it's been a year since I read it, so I think I'll read it again before I insist in passing it on :)

Journal Entry 6 by fflloorr from Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Saturday, March 24, 2007

It's now with me. Gràcies Gyd :-)

Journal Entry 7 by fflloorr from Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Friday, March 30, 2007

As caffcaff, I also don't know how to write a book review.
I enjoyed this book a lot and I'll recommmend it for sure :-)

Journal Entry 8 by Gyd at Barcelona, Barcelona Spain on Saturday, August 11, 2012

It's been eight years - but after reading it again it's ready to keep on travelling!

Journal Entry 9 by Gyd at -- Per correus, por correo / by mail -- , Barcelona Spain on Thursday, September 13, 2012

Released 4 yrs ago (9/14/2012 UTC) at -- Per correus, por correo / by mail -- , Barcelona Spain

On its way to Madrid...

Journal Entry 10 by florriebelle at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Wednesday, September 19, 2012

More joys to fill the shelves.. and hopefully more time for reading... I may have managed to streamline my working day.... miraculous!

Journal Entry 11 by florriebelle at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Both complex and simple, I loved this book.... the consequences of actions, decisions and how irrevocably they influence a chain of events. Occasional weaknesses in the story line failed to allow me to give a higher score.... but I'd definitely recommend it!

I know just the person for this!