corner corner The Darwin Awards II: Unnatural Selection Book Ring

by Wendy Northcutt | Humor
Registered by Cyberkedi of Atlanta, Georgia USA on 5/21/2004

status (set by MSO): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by Cyberkedi from Atlanta, Georgia USA on Friday, May 21, 2004

Screamingly funny! More ways in which people do Darwin credit by removing their inferior DNA from the gene pool of Homo sapiens.

I may make this a book ring or ray.

Journal Entry 2 by Cyberkedi at Sent in the mail in Atlanta, Georgia -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, July 17, 2004

Released on Saturday, July 17, 2004 at Sent in the mail in Atlanta, Georgia Controlled Releases.

Sent to campinghamster to start the Ring.

Journal Entry 3 by campinghamster from Newark, Delaware USA on Sunday, July 25, 2004

I just received this book as a bookring. Can't wait to start reading it. Thanks!

Journal Entry 4 by campinghamster from Newark, Delaware USA on Monday, August 16, 2004

I loved this book. Boy did I feel smart after reading it. It is scary that there are so many stupid people in the world and what is even scarier is they might be raising kids! Anyway...I am mailing this off to Maatkare in MA to continue the ring!

Journal Entry 5 by maatkare from Easthampton, Massachusetts USA on Sunday, August 22, 2004

YAY! Silliness abounds. I should finish this by the end of the week, and be able to send it on it's way.

Journal Entry 6 by maatkare from Easthampton, Massachusetts USA on Monday, October 04, 2004

on it's way this morning!

Journal Entry 7 by jessibud from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Received this bookring book in the mail today and can't wait to start reading it! I've always enjoyed the snippits of hilarity I've read from The Darwin Awards before.

Journal Entry 8 by jessibud from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, November 09, 2004

This book was funny, despite its rather rude premise of laughing at the misfortunes of others. I actually felt guilty laughing at some of them! But some of my favourites included The Mad Trombonist (pg.77) and Feeding the Dolphins (pg.122). Sheesh!!

On its way today to MSTie4. Sorry for hanging on to this book for so long. I hadn't actually realized it WAS so long until I noticed the date I received it, just now! Eek!

Journal Entry 9 by MSTie4 from Royersford, Pennsylvania USA on Tuesday, January 18, 2005

This was a great book... a light read during a difficult time in my life. I've kept it for way too long and am now going to pass it along to the next person on the list.

Journal Entry 10 by danadoodle on Saturday, January 29, 2005

arrived safely this week. gonna get start on it.

Journal Entry 11 by danadoodle on Sunday, February 27, 2005

found the book amusing and sad at the same time. one's common sense leaves you is amazing.
some honorable mentions that left me baffled, what were these people thinking:
-woman drying her hair by holding a lighter under it, while drivng, yet.
-woman puts honey on son's face hoping for a cute photo of a wild bear licking it off him.
-6 couples (12 people, mind you) planning to sail around the world with nothing but 60 cans of baked beans, 1,000 condoms, booze, pop,and a library book on star navigation.

this was very interesting:
cheese wheel chasing, a tradition in Gloucestershire. and men runing with burning barrels in Ottery St. Mary.
www.darwinawards.com/book/cheese.html

useful piece of info on computer stalking:
www.darwinawards.com/book/safety.html