corner corner Me Talk Pretty One Day

Registered by midwinter of Tucson, Arizona USA on 5/15/2004

status (set by Aramena): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by midwinter from Tucson, Arizona USA on Saturday, May 15, 2004

tbr

Journal Entry 2 by midwinter from Tucson, Arizona USA on Tuesday, September 13, 2005

I guess I'm not as blown away by Sedaris as others have been. It's certainly an entertaining read, and I'm glad I took the time to read it, but I don't know that I'll seek out any other titles by him.
Passing on to BuzzyBuzzina :)

Journal Entry 3 by BuzzyBuzzina from Woodland Hills, California USA on Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Received as a controlled release from a kind BX er in Arizona. Am in the process of reading it now for my book club. It is an anthology of different chapters on various topics pertinent to the author's life: his family, his love life, work, etc. It is funny and entertaining. Very similar to another one of the author's books, Dress Your Family in Corderoy and Denim. Will finish reading and release to another member of my book club. A million thanks to midwinter!

Journal Entry 4 by BuzzyBuzzina from Woodland Hills, California USA on Thursday, November 24, 2005

Am sending to macdonv in Canada for her bookring. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 5 by macdonv from Windsor, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Thank you, BuzzyBuzzina! This arrived yesterday. I will link it to my stalled/hijacked bookring, and get it on its way. Thank you for making this possible!

Journal Entry 6 by macdonv from Windsor, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, December 07, 2005

This is replacing the book I'd sent out originally for this ray.

Thanks to BuzzyBuzzina, this ray can *finally* continue! I will be mailing this to asterw on Friday, December 9/05.

The list:
:: RoryG - Finland; European shipping preferred.
:: fio-dagua - Portugal; EU shipping preferred. - Original ray book disappeared here - Oct/05.
:: asterw - Spain; Int'l shipping okay.
:: jubby - Australia; Can ship anywhere. Asked to be skipped
:: brewski - Richmond Hill, Ontario; North American shipping preference.
:: Luintaurien - Nebraska; US shipping preferred. - here - 02 Mar/06.
:: mepwave - New Jersey; Can ship anywhere.Asked to be skipped 02 May/06
:: Beloved49 - New York; No shipping preference.Asked to be skipped 20 July/06
:: ceili - New York; US preferred.
:: TheLitGroup - Arkansas; US preferred.
:: Morgail - Kentucky; Can ship anywhere.
:: Into the wild.

Rules in brief:
* Make a journal entry when you receive the book, so we know it arrived safely.
* Read the book. Try not to keep it forever and a day.
* Enjoy the book. :-)
* PM the next person on the list when you're almost done for their addy.
* Make a journal entry about the book.
* Mail it off. If you're last, set it free!

Journal Entry 7 by asterw from Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on Friday, January 27, 2006

Yes! It finally arrived today!

I was ready to order a new one, but I found it in my mailbox today. So yes, the bookray continues... ;o)

I'll start reading it as soon as I finish the one I'm currently reading.

Journal Entry 8 by asterw from Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on Tuesday, February 07, 2006

I finished the book a couple of days ago. Although at the end I was a little tired of the book, in general I actually enjoyed it quite a lot. I loved Sedaris' sense of humour.

I mailed the book today to brewski.

Journal Entry 9 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, February 14, 2006

I received this in the mail and am looking forward to reading this. Thanks for sharing this :)

Journal Entry 10 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Friday, February 24, 2006

This book was full of laughs. It doesn't speak well for my mental maturity that I got the biggest laughs out of the juvenile/base stories :)

In any case, this was a pretty quick and amusing read, however I think that I was expecting a bit more from this book given how "hyped" it has been. I can't say that I am really disappointed by the book, but on the flip side I am not running out to find more of Sedaris' work.

Thanks to macdonv for starting this BookRay and BuzzyBuzzina for reviving it. Anyhow, I will be sending this along to Luintaurien as the next recipient on the Bookray today.

Book mailed: Feb/24/2006

Journal Entry 11 by Luintaurien from York, Nebraska USA on Thursday, March 02, 2006

Got it today. Thank you. Will read and pass on ASAP.

Journal Entry 12 by Luintaurien from York, Nebraska USA on Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Sending it on

Journal Entry 13 by Luintaurien from York, Nebraska USA on Tuesday, May 02, 2006

mepwave asked to be skipped. PMing the next person.

Journal Entry 14 by Luintaurien from York, Nebraska USA on Thursday, July 20, 2006

Beloved49 asked to be skipped

Journal Entry 15 by Luintaurien at -- By Hand or Post, Ray/Ring, Rabck in York, Nebraska USA on Monday, April 02, 2007

Released 10 yrs ago (4/2/2007 UTC) at -- By Hand or Post, Ray/Ring, Rabck in York, Nebraska USA

Sent to Aramena for help with shipping.

Journal Entry 16 by wingAramenawing from Moore, Oklahoma USA on Monday, May 28, 2007

I was unable to get through to Ceili as her PM feature was turned off, and I PMd TheLitGroup twice with no response, so today I've PMd Morgail!

Journal Entry 17 by wingAramenawing from Moore, Oklahoma USA on Monday, May 28, 2007

Morgail has responded that she has already read another copy of this book, and she was last on the list. So if it's alright, with the ray originator, I'm adding it to my own TBR pile.