corner corner The Queen of the Damned

The Queen of the Damned
by Anne Rice | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingNetstationwing of Coventry, West Midlands United Kingdom on 5/12/2004

status (set by Libera13): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingNetstationwing from Coventry, West Midlands United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Did you ever wonder where all those mischievous vampires roaming the globe in Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles came from? In this, the third book in the series, we find out. That raucous rock-star vampire Lestat interrupts the 6,000-year slumber of the mama of all bloodsuckers, Akasha, Queen of the Damned.

Akasha was once the queen of the Nile (she has a bit in common with the Egyptian goddess Isis), and it's unwise to rile her now that she's had 60 centuries of practice being undead. She is so peeved about male violence that she might just have to kill most of them. And she has her eye on handsome Lestat with other ideas as well.

Journal Entry 2 by wingReetPetitewing from Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Sunday, May 23, 2004

Picked up at Nottingham Meet 22nd May

Journal Entry 3 by wingReetPetitewing from Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Sorry this has been on my shelf for so long. I'm giving it to my son to read & then releasing it.

Journal Entry 4 by wingReetPetitewing at Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Thursday, June 17, 2010

Sent to Moriquen. Enjoy :)

Journal Entry 5 by Moriquen at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Tuesday, June 22, 2010

And the book arrived safe and sound. I am curious about it. I read Blood Canticle last year and it made me curious about Anne Rice's earlier books in this 'serie'. I'll let you know what I think. Thanks for sending it to me ReetPetite!

Journal Entry 6 by Moriquen at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Monday, February 28, 2011

There seems to be something about Anne Rice's books that has me a little puzzled. A while ago I read 'Blood Canticle' which I liked but something about the book irked me a little. I had then guessed I would probably like the earlier books in the Lestat series better. And I did, I enjoyed this book much more than Blood Canticle.
I really like the sensuous almost erotic feel this book has, it makes it all the more exciting. I love the mixture of old and new.
What bugged me a little is the jumping from a first person narrative to a thirs person, later in the book. And sometimes Rice's language. (I just can't figure out what bothers me about it though.)
Thanks again for sending it to me ReetPetite, I already know where is it going next!

Journal Entry 7 by Moriquen at To a fellow BookCrosser in By Mail, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (3/2/2011 UTC) at To a fellow BookCrosser in By Mail, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

Surprise, a wishlist book for you! I hope you'll enjoy it!!

Journal Entry 8 by Ossiefry at Aljezur, Faro Portugal on Thursday, March 10, 2011

Wow, thanks!
I am reading "Interview with the vampire" at the moment, and am expecting to recieve "The vampire Lesat" soon so it will be nice to know I have this one waiting as well. :)

Journal Entry 9 by Ossiefry at By Mail, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (7/12/2011 UTC) at By Mail, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

I have now got 3 copies of this book, so this one is on it's way to Libera13, enjoy!

Journal Entry 10 by Libera13 at RABCK, RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Friday, July 29, 2011

The book has arrived, along with The Vampire Lestat - I'm really curious to find out how the Vampire Chronicles continue, since the first volume is one of my favourite books so far. Once again thank you very much, Ossiefry! :)