corner corner American Gods

American Gods
by Neil Gaiman | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by DEESSE of Erstein, Alsace France on 5/12/2004

status (set by Lucinda): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by DEESSE from Erstein, Alsace France on Wednesday, May 12, 2004

From the back cover:

Shadow is a man with a past. But now he wants nothing more than to live a quiet life with his wife and stay out of trouble. Until he learns that she's been killed in a terrible accident.

Flying home for the funeral, as a violent storm rocks the plane, a strange man in the seat next to him introduces himself. The man calls himself Mr. Wednesday, and he knows more about Shadow than is possible.

He warns Shadow that a far bigger storm is coming. And from that moment on, nothing will ever be the same...

I'll give that book to my colleague who's looking for something to read for her Whitsun holidays.

Journal Entry 2 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Wednesday, June 02, 2004

I got this book from my colleague who is a BookCrossing member. I read it during my holiday in Greece.
The book starts out as a thriller but the moment the main protagonist´s dead wife appears at his bedside at night and gives him a cold kiss you begin to realize that there´s more to this novel than that. It´s difficult to catagorize because it has elements of horror, fantasy and mythology. Anyway: Gaiman´s modern fairy tale kept me hooked the whole way through although I usually don´t like these kind of books. I´m going to give it back to my colleague who hasn`t read it herself yet.

CAUGHT IN OBERKIRCH BADEN-WÜRRTEMBERG GERMANY

Journal Entry 3 by DEESSE from Erstein, Alsace France on Friday, June 11, 2004

The book is back with me.

Journal Entry 4 by DEESSE from Erstein, Alsace France on Monday, February 14, 2005

I really loved it - very funny at times, thrilling, keeps you reading and turning pages..
The characters are very nicely described, too, and for a long time I didn't know what to think of this Mr. Wednesday.
It has a surprising ending, too - well, at least for me it was surprising!

Journal Entry 5 by DEESSE from Erstein, Alsace France on Friday, February 18, 2005

Since yesterday this one is on its way to quimbi in Burladingen / Germany who wanted to read it. Enjoy it!

Journal Entry 6 by quimbi from Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Wednesday, February 23, 2005

It got here in the beginning of the weekend. I'm curious about it and hope I can read it soon. Maybe between praying for good grades and working for my final exam ;-)
Thanks to Deesse!!

Journal Entry 7 by quimbi at post office in Burladingen, Germany -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Released 12 yrs ago (12/21/2005 UTC) at post office in Burladingen, Germany -- Controlled Releases

sent to fritos some day last week.
Wasn't my cup of tea to be honest. Didn't get through it. Very strange book.

Journal Entry 8 by Fritos from Neumarkt in der Oberpfalz, Bayern Germany on Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Got this fat paperback from quimbi before Christmas and will give it try. If the story is strange, I'll probably enjoy it!!! Thanks quimbi

Journal Entry 9 by Fritos from Neumarkt in der Oberpfalz, Bayern Germany on Thursday, February 16, 2006

Wanted to make some room on my bookshelf, so sent this paperback on to vc-mike without reading.

Journal Entry 10 by vc-mike from Ventura, California USA on Thursday, March 02, 2006

Thanks to 'Deesse', 'Guimbi' & ' Fritos' for this book ! It went from France, Greece, Germany, & the USA! I'll give it a shot & send it on !!

Journal Entry 11 by vc-mike from Ventura, California USA on Sunday, April 23, 2006

This story has a bit of the New Testament, fantasy, horror, & mythology ! As 'Ann. Find.' said, it's a modern fairy tale !! It takes you anyway you could imagine & then into the nether world and back ! Shadow, Laura & Mr. Wednesday have wild lives that few could imagine, let alone live ! The paths that Neil Gaiman leads you down, you wouldn't dare take on your own! There are some covert government agencies(all governments have them, CIA, KGB, MI6, etc.) that seem to be involved! Which one ?!!
Quite a few times I would find myself re-reading a page to make sure of what I thought actually happened did happen ! It was bizarre in a good way ! I'll think of where to send it soon ! It's 'available' now if you want to request this well traveled book ! 1st: Erstein, Alsace, France; 2nd:somewhere in Greece; 3rd:Oberkirch, Baden-Wurttenburg, Germany; 4th:Burladingen, Baden-Wurttenburg, Germany; 5th:Neumarkt in der Oberpfalz, Bayern(Bavaria) Germany, & 6th:Ventura, California, USA !~ where next?? !!! ~°¹Pvè~ (:-D> !

Journal Entry 12 by Lucinda from Ventura, California USA on Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Caught at the Meet Up. I have been wanting to read a Neil Gaiman book and this one looks enticing. Thanks, vc-Mike!

Journal Entry 13 by Lucinda at D'Vine Cafe in Santa Barbara, California USA on Monday, January 14, 2013

Released 5 yrs ago (1/11/2013 UTC) at D'Vine Cafe in Santa Barbara, California USA

Left on the bookshelves to the right of the entrance.