corner corner Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Book #1)

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Book #1)
by J.K. Rowling | Children's Books
Registered by rivet on 5/11/2004

status (set by AnonymousFinder): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by rivet on Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Harry Potter has never been the star of a Quidditch team, scoring points while riding a broom far above the ground. He knows no spells, has never helped to hatch a dragon, and has never worn a cloak of invisibility.

All he knows is a miserable life with the Dursleys, his horrible aunt and uncle, and their abominable son, Dudley--a great big swollen spoiled bully. Harry's room is a tiny closet at the foot of the stairs, and he hasn't had a birthday party in eleven years.

But all of that is about to change when a mysterious letter arrives by owl messenger: a letter with an invitation to an incredible place that Harry--or anyone that reads about him--will find unforgettable.

For it's there that he finds not only friends, aerial sports, and magic in everything from classes to meals, but a great destiny that's been waiting for him...if Harry can survive the encounter.

This book was purchased to start a bookring. Details and participants will be posted, soon. If you are interested in joining this bookring, please send a PM with your location and shipping preferences.

Journal Entry 2 by rivet on Saturday, June 19, 2004

The participants in this bookring will be:

1. Bunnybee; Texas, USA (anywhere)
2. miss-gonewest; Perth, Australia (anywhere)
3. sibelle; South Carolina, USA (US only)
4. Ilios; Florida, USA (within US and Canada)
5. Back to rivet; Pennsylvania, USA

Journal Entry 3 by rivet on Monday, June 21, 2004

On its way to Bunnybee!

Hope you all enjoy the book.

Journal Entry 4 by Bunnybee from Amarillo, Texas USA on Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Just received the book- my first bookring book! :-D

Thanks rivet!

July 2- finished with book- GREAT STORY!!!! I dove right in and didn't want to stop. Now I have to hunt for book 2... ;-)

Will get it on its way to Australia soon.

Journal Entry 5 by Bunnybee from Amarillo, Texas USA on Friday, July 02, 2004

Excellent book! Just sent it out to BCer miss-gonewest in Australia as the next step in the bookring.

Journal Entry 6 by miss-gonewest from Perth, Western Australia Australia on Sunday, September 12, 2004

Harry Potter has landed! After a long (but surely exciting) journey from Bunnybee in the USA to Perth in Western Australia, he is finally here!

I have just finished my current book, so I will start reading this book this week and will hopefully be able to send it on to the next person on the list, shortly.

I can't wait to read this - and thanks for the lovely postcard Bunnybee.

Journal Entry 7 by miss-gonewest from Perth, Western Australia Australia on Thursday, September 23, 2004

Just a quick update on Harry... (for the folk who have been waiting AGES to get this book) I am half way through reading it and I should finish over the weekend & will post him off next week.

Just out of courtesy, I thought I should let you know in case you were wondering where the little Wizard had got to!

Edited 11th October:

And ANOTHER UPDATE (As I am feeling quite guilty...) I have finished this book and I have Sibelle's address, I just haven't been able to get to the post office (work, work, work) so I PROMISE that Harry will go in the post this Thursday 14th October to Sibelle; its also usually cheaper to send Air Mail from Oz, so hopefully it will reach you quickly.

May we all learn the lesson of how slow post is to Down Under - we really are a long way away! My apologies for holding you all up!

Journal Entry 8 by miss-gonewest at BookRing in Book Ring, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Released on Friday, October 22, 2004 at about 12:00:00 AM BX time (GMT-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada) at BookRing in Book Ring, A Bookring Controlled Releases.

I am just tidying up my BXing loose ends & have realised that I totally forgot to do my release notes for Harry! This book was posted airmail to Sibelle in the States and should be arriving any day now.... enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 9 by sibelle from Mount Kisco, New York USA on Thursday, November 04, 2004

Harry arrived in the mail today. I'm putting it next on the TBR pile.

Journal Entry 10 by Ilios from Tampa, Florida USA on Saturday, November 27, 2004

Just got this in the mail. Thanks, Sibelle! I have a few rings and rays in front of this, but I don't feel too guilty now that I know that I am the last participant. I can't wait to read this one. Thanks to rivet for sharing this.

Journal Entry 11 by Ilios from Tampa, Florida USA on Tuesday, January 18, 2005

I was really suspicious of this book in the beginning, because I am always suspicious of books that everybody loves. However, I was pleasantly surprised with Harry in the first movie, so I got interested in the books.

The author did a great job at creating a wonderful parallel universe. I really wished I too could be part of Hogwars and get a hold of those magical books in the restricted area of the library! I am looking forward to reading the rest of the books in the series.

Journal Entry 12 by Ilios at post office in snail mailed to a fellow bookcrosser as part of a bookring, Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Released 12 yrs ago (1/19/2005 UTC) at post office in snail mailed to a fellow bookcrosser as part of a bookring, Bookring -- Controlled Releases

Tihs book is heading back home, to rivet. Thank you so much for sharing this!

Journal Entry 13 by rivet on Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Harry arrived safely! I wanted to thank everyone who participated in this bookring. I hope you all enjoyed this book.

Journal Entry 14 by rivet on Friday, February 11, 2005

I found myself suffering from a massive Hogwarts Headache after enjoying this book and attempting to read three of the others all in one day. I'm hooked. I'm anxiously awaiting July 16th for the release of Year Six.

One thing I found odd was the fact that Hogwarts celebrated Christian holidays.

Every part of this story came to life. I could almost see Diagon Alley, hear the crowd at a Quidditch match, smell the food at a Hogwarts feast, and taste...er...well, perhaps tasting Every Flavor Beans wasn't as pleasant as I would have hoped.

This isn't a book you just read. It's a book you experience. And I loved every minute of every adventure that took place during Harry Potter's first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Journal Entry 15 by rivet at Town Perk in Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania USA on Friday, February 11, 2005

Released 12 yrs ago (2/11/2005 UTC) at Town Perk in Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania USA

I'll be taking this book along to tonight's Meetup. If nobody claims it, I'll be releasing it at or near Town Perk.

Journal Entry 16 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Friday, July 22, 2005

i brought the book to venice, italy, because i found it on my way there for a month in europe. i left it in the train station, st. lucia.

CAUGHT IN BLOOMSBURG PA USA