corner corner The Three Little Pigs Buy the White House

The Three Little Pigs Buy the White House
by Dan Piraro | Humor
Registered by mysteryfan03 of Moberly, Missouri USA on 5/10/2004

status (set by marmaw): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by mysteryfan03 from Moberly, Missouri USA on Monday, May 10, 2004

This is a hilarious "childrens" book about Dickie, Rummy, and Dubya, three little pigs who weaken the country by replacing a brick foundation with straw. The story also features the big, bad, wolf and other animal characters. Very interesting way of presenting real life politics!
I will probably offer this up as a bookring.

Journal Entry 2 by mysteryfan03 from Moberly, Missouri USA on Friday, July 02, 2004

I am finally getting this one out today! Ray will be as follows (*****Book is here) Names in green have had book and/or passed it on.

Brewster13 Canada

tbeckros Washington, DC
wyldewomin MA
Everett-Reader VA
Echesketch VA

Journal Entry 3 by brewster13 from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Thursday, July 15, 2004

When this package came in the mail - I ripped it open wondering what I got that was so big. Then I started laughing out loud....I didn't expect to see this book in the format of a children's book (8 3/4" * 10 1/2" hard cover, lots of illustrations)! But once I thought about it a bit more, I realized that I shouldn't have been that surprised, it is appropriate given it's subject(s).

I am currently in the midst of another bookring book, but don't anticipate that it will take too long. This one is next on the list (assuming I can wait), and I will get it read and posted soon.

Thank you mysteryfan03 for sharing this book. I'm looking forward to it!

Journal Entry 4 by brewster13 from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, July 19, 2004

I couldn't help it - I couldn't wait. I had to read this one 'out of turn'. And it was worth it. Piraro has taken the story of the current administration and simplified it to the point of a childrens story. When you read this, you really have to sit back and review what is happening in the world today, and the role Dubya is playing ... and I'm sure you'll have many questions.
I'm sending this one off - it is such a quick, funny read ... and I'm hoping this makes it's way to many American voters prior to this fall's election!

Thank you mysteryfan03 for sharing. I am sending to jessibud today (July 19).

Journal Entry 5 by jessibud from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Friday, July 23, 2004

Received this bookring book today and it looks like fun bedtime reading!! Oh, how I love good satire (especially political satire!!) ;-)

Journal Entry 6 by jessibud from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Sunday, July 25, 2004

Just finished this little book and loved it! It's very funny, very clever -- wickedly clever (if you are not a Republican) -- and actually, a bit scary, too! Heck, I'm not even American but I think anyone who is aware of current events will be able to understand Piraro's little parable (I know that word is usually used in religious or moral contexts, but some might say the *moral* applies here).

His illustrations remind me a bit of a British political series of about 10 or 15 years ago, called *Spitting Image*, which also parodied politicans and politics of the day. Wicked but hilarious.

So reassuring to see others with a similarly warped sense of humour...

I'll send this off to the next person on the list as soon as I received her address

Journal Entry 7 by wingbookhunter21wing from Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Received today as part of the bookring. Looks like fun! And thanks jessibud for the postcard of Minnesota's state bird!

Journal Entry 8 by wingbookhunter21wing from Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Hilarious! The illustrations are so funny and the text right on. I love the big bad wolf and his rumored Winds of Mass Destruction. "Whatever shall we do?" I have been sharing the book with friends and did not mean to keep it so long, but I live in a battleground state (Minnesota) and a lot of people wanted to see it! Especially since most of them voted for our Senator Norm Coleman for mayor of Saint Paul a few years ago when he was a still a Democrat. Now he's in charge of pointing out flip-flopping! LOL

Mailed today by media mail to sgscarcliff in CA.

Journal Entry 9 by wingsgscarcliffwing on Tuesday, September 21, 2004

I just received. I will pm next person to mail next week. I am going on a short vacation so I will not be able to mail until next Thursday. I will Post again after reading.

Journal Entry 10 by wingsgscarcliffwing on Monday, October 04, 2004

I enjoyed this book and shared it with my husband and mom and they enjoyed it also.

I mailed today, tracking # 0304 0370 0001 6676 5231

Journal Entry 11 by Lobodyke from Bardstown, Kentucky USA on Sunday, October 10, 2004

lolrof! I've already read this - just got it yesterday, and after it sharing it with a friend of mine, will send it on by the beginning of next week. I was doing a Democratic phone bank yesterday afternoon, and took it with me. It provided some welcome relief when people took a break, and was VERY popular. Thanks, mysteryfan03, and all the others that have sent it on :o)

Journal Entry 12 by Lobodyke from Bardstown, Kentucky USA on Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Okay, slight revision in plans - this will be moving on the Nekki2976 in NY by the beginning of NEXT week. Sorry all ... failure to plan, a frequent problem for me :(

Journal Entry 13 by nekki2976 from Mumford, New York USA on Tuesday, November 02, 2004

I loved this book. I read it out loud to my husband!

My daughter couldn't understand what was so funny (she's only 5).

Thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 14 by sweetpea0678 from St. Petersburg, Florida USA on Tuesday, December 21, 2004

arrived safe and sound, my kids thought it was a present for them. Will read later with my boyfriend. Thanks for sharing.

Journal Entry 15 by sweetpea0678 from St. Petersburg, Florida USA on Thursday, December 23, 2004

What a cute book. I loved it, and my boyfriend did too. My boyfriend actually read it aloud to me. Funny pictures too. Puts whats going on in the world in a very easy to understand format.

Thanks so much for sharing.

PMing maddog1404 for address and will send it out next week.

Journal Entry 16 by sweetpea0678 from St. Petersburg, Florida USA on Wednesday, March 09, 2005

I've had the book for a very long time, way over my time allowed for the book. But I need to say that, while I have had the book, it has been enjoyed by everyone I know. I am so sorry for keeping it so long. But please know it was enjoyed very very much. (Hope that counts for something) Thanks mysteryfan for being understanding. We really did love the book.

I pmed maddog but never heard back. Sent on to tom-m. Enjoy.

Journal Entry 17 by sweetpea0678 at Book Ring in Bookring, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Released 12 yrs ago (3/9/2005 UTC) at Book Ring in Bookring, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases

Off to tom-m.

Journal Entry 18 by tom-m from Ulaan Baatar, Ulaan Baatar Mongolia on Monday, March 14, 2005

arrived today from sweetpea0678. Looks like a quick read. I'll move it along in a day or two.

Thanks, mysteryfan03 for startting this ring!

This book reduces the whole Bush Administration to the simplicity of a child's fairy tale. Much of it is true and, sadly, my country was too stupid to see it back in November.

Read it in one sitting. PMing WhitePine for address.

Journal Entry 19 by tom-m at Mailed to a fellow BookCrosser in Bookring, Mailed to another bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Released 12 yrs ago (3/15/2005 UTC) at Mailed to a fellow BookCrosser in Bookring, Mailed to another bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

mailed to WhitePine in CT. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 20 by WhitePine from Coventry, Connecticut USA on Friday, March 18, 2005

I will send this easy political satire read on to the next person.

Journal Entry 21 by stellertony from Anchorage, Alaska USA on Friday, March 25, 2005

Received today. Looks hilarious!

Journal Entry 22 by stellertony at A BookCrosser's Mailbox in Chisholm, Minnesota -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, March 31, 2005

Released 12 yrs ago (3/31/2005 UTC) at A BookCrosser's Mailbox in Chisholm, Minnesota -- Controlled Releases

Sent to froggiepopple. Thanks for the book! I really enjoyed it, as did a couple of other people that I shared with it.

Journal Entry 23 by froggiepopple from Chisholm, Minnesota USA on Saturday, April 16, 2005

tbr and to be sent to cytronella in Texas

Journal Entry 24 by froggiepopple from Chisholm, Minnesota USA on Saturday, April 16, 2005

A really funny book.

Journal Entry 25 by froggiepopple at Chisholm Post Office in Chisholm, Minnesota USA on Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Released 12 yrs ago (4/20/2005 UTC) at Chisholm Post Office in Chisholm, Minnesota USA

on the way to cytronella

Journal Entry 26 by cytronella from Plantersville, Texas USA on Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Totally clever book, not surprising from Piraro, but dont know if it is funny so much as terrifying!!! *sigh* Arrived today and will keep a short time to share with many of similar mind! Thanks so much for sharing!!!

Journal Entry 27 by icekween01 from St. Louis, Missouri USA on Monday, May 23, 2005

book arrived today. I suspect I'll be done with it later this evening :)

Thanks for sharing!

Happy bookcrossing!

Journal Entry 28 by icekween01 from St. Louis, Missouri USA on Monday, May 23, 2005

HILARIOUS...lot's of chuckles in this one.

Thanks again for sharing your book.

Will send on to the next bookcrosser this week.

Journal Entry 29 by icekween01 at -- By post or by hand-ie ring, trade, RABCK, meet in St. Louis, Missouri USA on Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Released 12 yrs ago (5/31/2005 UTC) at -- By post or by hand-ie ring, trade, RABCK, meet in St. Louis, Missouri USA

sent on to the next bookcrosser on the list Mister-M

ENJOY!

Happy Bookcrossing!

Journal Entry 30 by Mister-M from Tampa, Florida USA on Thursday, June 16, 2005

I read this to my boyfriend and to Sponge Bob - both really enjoyed it (I do such a great storytime - how could they not!) Also let my friend Marla, who I bowl with read it between frames - I think she won the game. Glad we're not in a league! Great illustrations. Sending off ....

Journal Entry 31 by loriped from Keizer, Oregon USA on Tuesday, July 26, 2005

I received this in the mail today from Mister-M. It looks every bit as funny as those who have journaled it promised.

Journal Entry 32 by loriped from Keizer, Oregon USA on Tuesday, August 09, 2005

What a funny parody of what is happening today! After reading it through several times it is now ready to travel on to the next person.

Mailed off to the next person on 8/12/05.

Journal Entry 33 by ScottishHoosier on Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Arrived just five minutes ago. I couldn't help myself. As soon as I opened it, I read it. Very clever, very well done. I'll go ahead and pm Ktbean, but I should have plenty of time to read it again.

Thank you, mysteryfan03, for sharing and Loriped, for sending it over here for me to read!!

Journal Entry 34 by ScottishHoosier on Friday, August 26, 2005

I have the address and have packaged it up. I probably won't be able to get it to the post office today, so it might have to wait until Monday.

Journal Entry 35 by ScottishHoosier on Monday, September 05, 2005

I have sent the book on its way. I took it to the post office last week. Sorry, I forgot to journal this sooner.

Journal Entry 36 by Ktbean from Creston, British Columbia Canada on Thursday, September 15, 2005

I just got this book in the mail. Looks good. Thanks Mysteryfan03 and ScottishHoosier!

Journal Entry 37 by Ktbean from Creston, British Columbia Canada on Thursday, November 24, 2005

Okay now that I've rescued the book from the clutch of the evil twins it's ready to go out. (They kept it in their room and wouldn't give it back.) I'm sending it to Marmaw today. A very good book. Thanks for letting me particpate in this bookring.

Journal Entry 38 by marmaw from Morrison, Colorado USA on Sunday, January 29, 2006

We had a great time reading this book! I shared it with several other teachers at work. They loved it! My husband, who is a Republican, did not like it however! It will be on it's journey as soon as I get the next address. Sorry it has taken so long. We were in the mist of moving when it arrived.