corner corner Riptide

status (set by iliketoread44): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by jare from Hudson, Florida USA on Wednesday, June 09, 2004

From the inside jacket:
"Dear Ms. Anders:
I am sorry to tell you that your aunt, Miss Merriam Anders, recently had an accident and is incapacitated. She is in the hospital here in St. Elmo. As her attorney, I am in the process of making arrangements for her future care."

Isabel Anders hasn't been back to Cape Cache and St. Elmo in the Florida panhandle since she ran away more than fifteen years before. Now she is thirty-four, newly unemployed, and just parted from a longtime lover. Although she has little love for the great-aunt who raised her, Isabel feels compelled to return to her tiny Florida hometown.
Back in the place she once found so stifling, Isabel finds herself rekindling old relationships and establishing new ones as she comes to terms with her unhappy past. She meets Clem Davenant, her aunt's quietly desperate lawyer; Kimmey dee, the gangly little girl across the way; and Harry Meercer, the handsome boy she left behind as she made her escape so many years before, now a bitter and unhappy man.
And then another "accident" kills Aunt Merriam, and Isabel Realizes there are dark currents disturbing the quiet life in the sultry town. With no one to trust but her young neighbor Kimmey Dee, Isabel must discover who is trying to kill her, and why.

***
Rio Grande Library sale purchase... to be released soon. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 2 by iliketoread44 from Albuquerque, New Mexico USA on Tuesday, June 22, 2004

I found this book by the book drop at the Rio Grande Library, at San Pedro and Trumbull at the San Pedro Library, and was curious, so I picked it up and took it home, I am about to read it now, I shall get back to you when I have finished.