corner corner Artemis Fowl The Eternity Code

Artemis Fowl The Eternity Code
by Eoin Colfer | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by wingDEESSEwing of Erstein, Alsace France on Wednesday, April 28, 2004

status (set by DEESSE): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingDEESSEwing from Erstein, Alsace France on Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Now that's (I think) the third in the Artemis Fowl series. Now I have them all standing on my shelf, just waiting for a long holiday where I can read them in one go - looking forward to it, heard only the best!!

Journal Entry 2 by wingDEESSEwing from Erstein, Alsace France on Wednesday, May 05, 2004

As I won't have time to read the Artemis Fowl books before long, I'm sending the three to my mum, who enjoyed the Harry Potte books. I hope she likes them!

Journal Entry 3 by Schrat from Oberkochen, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Sunday, May 23, 2004

This one I got as well from DEESSE.

Journal Entry 4 by Schrat from Oberkochen, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Another extremely thrilling book on Artemis fowl! Many unexpected situations and brilliant ideas. I read it with much pleasure. I'am giving it back to DEESSE.

Journal Entry 5 by wingDEESSEwing from Erstein, Alsace France on Monday, January 17, 2005

I got my copy back from Schrat during the Christmas holidays - sorry that I'm journalling just now. I have a couple of other books to read before this one (rings and promised ones), but I'm looking forward to reading the third volume of this nice adventure!

Journal Entry 6 by wingDEESSEwing at Ildo 1-dong in Jeju City, Cheju-do South Korea on Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Released 8 yrs ago (8/16/2006 UTC) at Ildo 1-dong in Jeju City, Cheju-do South Korea

Jeju Port (Ferry) Terminal, desk of the Tourist Information Office

Journal Entry 7 by wingDEESSEwing from Erstein, Alsace France on Monday, September 25, 2006

I read the book during my summer holidays and finally I make it to do the journal entry! It was fun to meet Artemis again. I like the style of Eoin Colfer a lot and had to chuckle or even burst out laughing several times, e.g. when Holly is trying to heal Butler(with Foaly's help) who had been shot (by Blunt) and then "frozen" by Artemis:
"What difference do fibres make? And this is really not the time for jargon. I need plain Gnommish." - "OK. Surgery for morons it is. ..." (p.78)

Or when Holly is flying over the sea to Ireland with Artemis and Butler in the camouflage foil, hanging in her moonbelt:
"Holly skitted the hull of a passenger ferry, flying close enough to feel the engine's pulse. On deck, scores of passengers vomited over the railings, narrowly missing the invisible travellers below. 'Charming', muttered Artemis. 'Don't worry,' said Holly's voice, out of thin air. 'Almost there.'" (p. 93)

Or when blunt explains to Spiro what had happened to his face:
"... it is difficult to look arrogant when your forehead is a mass of bruises and your mouth is full of gums and nothing else. (...) 'How many teeth did you lose?'
- (...) 'All ob 'em. Dendish shaid de roods are shaddered.' (...)
- 'Oh, shut up!' snapped Spiro. 'You're giving me a headache. The sooner you get those new teeth, the better.'
- 'My gumsh wi' be healed suffishendly by hish afternoo.'
- 'I thought I told you to shut up!'
- 'Shorry, bosh.' (p. 172)

...and many more funny passages - I might add some more which I had copied in my notebook before releasing the book in Korea!