corner corner Chobits Vol.1

Chobits Vol.1
by Clamp | Graphic Novels
Registered by phantomreader42 of Warner Robins, Georgia USA on 5/14/2004

status (set by phantomreader42): permanent collection

Journal Entry 1 by phantomreader42 from Warner Robins, Georgia USA on Friday, May 14, 2004

Pre-numbered label used for registration.

Journal Entry 2 by phantomreader42 from Warner Robins, Georgia USA on Monday, May 17, 2004

Since the ray for this series got lost, I'm registering my PC copy to send it out on a bookRING. See the forums for more on the ring, and the journal entries for the first copy of the series for my review.

Books by Clamp:
Miyuki-Chan in Wonderland
X/1999:
     Prelude
     Overture

Journal Entry 3 by phantomreader42 from Warner Robins, Georgia USA on Monday, May 17, 2004

The current list of ring members:

aquarius29
evilrottenspawn (skipped)
omly
Nepenthe40 (skipped)
tho
Caracas (could not contact)
Dani75 (could not contact)
katayoun
Hengameh
RainDrop162004 (added)
Then back to me.

Journal Entry 4 by phantomreader42 from Warner Robins, Georgia USA on Thursday, May 27, 2004

I mailed the series to aquarius29 today to start the bookring. The package can be tracked at the USPS website, using Delivery Confirmation number 03001290000840673612.
Happy reading, everybody!

(and yes, I'm pretty sure that smiley's reading a manga, look at how the pages are being turned. The book's printed right-to-left!)

Journal Entry 5 by aquarius29 from Long Beach, California USA on Friday, June 04, 2004

Got a box full of mangas from mr. mailman! Will read this series, make a journal entry for it and pm the next bcer on the list of the bookring for his/her address!

Journal Entry 6 by aquarius29 from Long Beach, California USA on Wednesday, June 09, 2004

This is the first manga i've ever read and it's also one of my favorites...
Hideki is funny and I love the artwork of this manga...

Journal Entry 7 by phantomreader42 from Warner Robins, Georgia USA on Wednesday, July 28, 2004

I checked the delivery confirmation number given to me by aquarius29, and got this message:

We attempted to deliver your item at 4:39 pm on July 01, 2004 in AZUSA, CA 91702 and a notice was left. It can be redelivered or picked up at the Post Office. If the item is unclaimed, it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.
It appears the package hasn't been delivered to evilrottenspawn, nor has it returned to aquarius29 as far as I know. I hope it turns up soon.

Journal Entry 8 by aquarius29 from Long Beach, California USA on Thursday, November 04, 2004

i got the books back yay!!! now it's going to lightwavz.. oh i hope this mangas get to her...

Journal Entry 9 by lightwavz from Detroit, Michigan USA on Wednesday, February 02, 2005

I got these just after New Year's... and promptly forgot to log them in! SO SORRY!!! I will get some reviews written and get them back on their way this weekend! Thanks!!

Journal Entry 10 by lightwavz from Detroit, Michigan USA on Saturday, October 29, 2005

evilrottenspawn asked to be skipped for now. sending on to omly. Great series! Thank you, phantomreader42!

Journal Entry 11 by omly from Arlington, Massachusetts USA on Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Yay There is nothing better than coming home to a box full of books! I have a Reactor Design midterm on thursday, so I will not be able to read any of these until that evening, but I am so excited to get a chance to read these.

Journal Entry 12 by omly from Arlington, Massachusetts USA on Friday, November 04, 2005

My daughter has been driving me crazy "reading" these when I couldn't (well shouldn't), but now I am free!

I love the premise of these books. My SO works for iRobot so i think we think about the place robots are already taking in our lives more often. There are often cases for example of people who not only name and decorate their Roombas, and if they send them back to the company to be fixed request that the same one be sent back to them. And these are robots that are not even remotely humanlike in appearance and can not learn! As technology progresses further I think that we will soon need to be asking the same sorts of questions posed in Chobits.

Journal Entry 13 by omly from Arlington, Massachusetts USA on Tuesday, November 29, 2005

The package with this series was mailed off today to tho. In the interest of not sending a ton of journal alerts I will simply edit the last journal entry for each of the other books in the series.

Journal Entry 14 by tho on Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Chobits is finally here !!! I've received all 8 volumes yesterday, and hope to read them during next weekend .. thanks omly and phantomreader42 :-)

Journal Entry 15 by phantomreader42 from Warner Robins, Georgia USA on Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Update to bookring list:

As the bookring has been delayed for some time, I contacted memebers to ask if they still wished to be included. Katayoun and Hengameh responded affirmatively, but I never got a reply from the other members, and have therefore removed them. I have also added a new member at the end. After tho, the list is now:

katayoun (Iran)
Hengameh (Iran)
RainDrop162004 (USA)
Then back to me.

Journal Entry 16 by tho on Saturday, April 01, 2006

Finally finished reading these ... sorry it took me such a long time, but in the meantime 3 other BC friends have read them as well and we all loved it :-) Thanks phantomreader for organizing this ring, and all the 8 volumes will be posted to katayoun on Monday.

Journal Entry 17 by wingkatayounwing from Tehran, Tehran Iran on Saturday, April 08, 2006

the first volume is here, this is fast (touch wood, touch wood) and i hope that the other follow just as quickly (touch wood, touch wood!!!!). can't wait to read and thanks so much tho and phantomreader42

Journal Entry 18 by bookchick88 from Ravenna, Ohio USA on Tuesday, August 01, 2006

I am journaling this book because I finally found it. Will send back to phantom shortly :)

Journal Entry 19 by bookchick88 at Kingsville PO in Kingsville, Ohio USA on Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Released 11 yrs ago (8/15/2006 UTC) at Kingsville PO in Kingsville, Ohio USA

Sending back to phantom. :)

Journal Entry 20 by phantomreader42 from Warner Robins, Georgia USA on Thursday, August 24, 2006

Finally back home! Hope everyone enjoyed it, and the rest of the series follows soon.