corner corner Tunnel Vision

Tunnel Vision
by Sara Paretsky | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by TrattorieOCZ of Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Tuesday, April 20, 2004

status (set by AnonymousFinder): available

Journal Entry 1 by TrattorieOCZ from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Donated for the OBCZ

Book Description
Stubbornness has landed private eye V.I. Warshawski in big trouble at her Chicago office. With her grand old Loop building set to be razed, she's become a hold-out tenant amid frayed wiring and scary, empty corridors. Then she finds a homeless woman with three kids in the basement, and before she can rescue them, they disappear. Worst of all, she's been implicated in a murder--after the body of Deirdre Messenger, a prominent lawyer's wife, turns up sprawled across her desk.

V.I., who had volunteered with Deirdre at a women's shelter, suspects her death is linked to a case of upper-class domestic abuse so slickly concealed that the police refuse to believe it. Increasingly at odds with the cops, V.I. is blindly plunging ahead after the truth. And her path may lead to corruption at the highest levels.or deep into the abandoned tunnels beneath Chicago's streets, where secrets are hiding in the dark like a child's--

Journal Entry 2 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Given to me by a friend who came across it on a park bench. A very enjoyable read.

CAUGHT IN CHRISTCHURCH CANTERBURY NEW ZEALAND