corner corner The Agony and the Ecstasy

The Agony and the Ecstasy
by Irving Stone | History
Registered by AlexInLeeds of Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, April 18, 2004

status (set by han_cat): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by AlexInLeeds from Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, April 18, 2004

My reviews and book musings can be found on my website, Alex in Leeds

Journal Entry 2 by AlexInLeeds at Leeds Meet @ The Lounge in Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, January 30, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (2/14/2012 UTC) at Leeds Meet @ The Lounge in Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom

Off to find a new reader. :)

Journal Entry 3 by gaelpixie at Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, April 14, 2012

Quite a hefty tome - 755 pages - so it took a bit of reading. But I found it really absorbing, and was sorry to say goodbye to it at the end.
This is a biographical novel based on the life of the artist Michelangelo. I learned a lot from it, and found the history of 15th/16th century Italy fascinating. Such wicked popery! Now I want to go back to Rome, to look with fresh eyes at the art at St Peter's, and the Sistine chapel. And a visit to Florence is definitely on the cards.

Journal Entry 4 by gaelpixie at Leeds Meet @ The Lounge in Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (5/8/2012 UTC) at Leeds Meet @ The Lounge in Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom

To be released at the Leeds Meetup.

Journal Entry 5 by han_cat at Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Picked up at the Leeds Meetup, quite a hefty books so may have to wait for a holiday or similar!