corner corner Oryx and Crake

Oryx and Crake
by Margaret Atwood | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by inkognitoh of London, Greater London United Kingdom on 4/17/2004

status (set by inkognitoh): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by inkognitoh from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, April 17, 2004

*Shortlisted for the Booker Prize 2003*

I rarely purchase brand new books but did so today in honour of Bookcrossing.com's third birthday (and to treat myself). I simply couldn't resist the '3 for the price of 2' sale in WHSmith and this book has been on my Wish List for some time.

Journal Entry 2 by inkognitoh at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, August 13, 2011

Bleak view of the world on the path it seems to be heading down. Big pharma calling the shots and nobody really winning. Corporations creating a synthetic reality which ends up consuming actual reality. I always say I don't enoy reading science fiction books then I pick up an Atwood or a Mitchell (Cloud Atlas etc) and realise I very much enjoy the genre and wonder why I don't visit it more often.

Journal Entry 3 by inkognitoh at BCUK Unconvention 2011 in Nottingham, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Sunday, September 25, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (9/25/2011 UTC) at BCUK Unconvention 2011 in Nottingham, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom

Left somewhere around the city during the final day of our annual meetup (The Unconvention). It was a good weekend, thanks for having us Nottingham.