corner corner Disgrace

Disgrace
by J. M. Coetzee | Literature & Fiction
Registered by stephen-1702 of Leuven, Vlaams-Brabant / Brabant Flamant Belgium on 4/10/2004

status (set by Ythan): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by stephen-1702 from Leuven, Vlaams-Brabant / Brabant Flamant Belgium on Saturday, April 10, 2004

a hard & true book

Journal Entry 2 by stephen-1702 at Post office in Trade, A Trade -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Released on Monday, April 19, 2004 at Post office in Trade, A Trade Controlled Releases.

on its way to fellow bookcrosser

Journal Entry 3 by powerhouse from Culemborg, Gelderland Netherlands on Wednesday, April 21, 2004

The book arrived today, much sooner than I expected! The Belgian mail service is much better than the Dutch, no doubt about that! Looking froward to reading this Booker Prize Winner 1999.

Journal Entry 4 by powerhouse from Culemborg, Gelderland Netherlands on Tuesday, July 20, 2004

I agree with the former reader, it is a true and hard book. I love Coetzee's bitter style, his thrifty language.

Journal Entry 5 by powerhouse from Culemborg, Gelderland Netherlands on Wednesday, July 21, 2004

gereserveerd voor Dutch Flybaby

Journal Entry 6 by dutch-flybabe from Ede, Gelderland Netherlands on Sunday, January 23, 2005

Someone, I think Dewitteleeu, gave me this book from Powerhouse at the bookcrossing meeting in Utrecht today. I thought it was a bookring, but it does not seem that way when I look at the other journal entries. I'm curious about this writer, I see his name every now and then but have not read any of his books yet. Now I have a chance :-) Thanks for the book Powerhouse!

Journal Entry 7 by dutch-flybabe from Ede, Gelderland Netherlands on Wednesday, September 03, 2008

I so disliked how David treated Melanie (and other women) that I struggled to keep reading. But I wanted to know what happened when he went to (live with) his daughter and from there on the reading got much easier. The story did not grab me in a big way, but I can appreciate the down to earth descriptions of for instance the David's sunday work at the clinic.

Journal Entry 8 by dutch-flybabe at OBCZ-Kaketoe (gesloten) in Ede, Gelderland Netherlands on Saturday, October 18, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (10/18/2008 UTC) at OBCZ-Kaketoe (gesloten) in Ede, Gelderland Netherlands

I left this book in the cupboard at the OBCZ around 12.30 hrs.

Journal Entry 9 by OBCZ-Kaketoe from Ede, Gelderland Netherlands on Friday, October 31, 2008

This book has been sighted in OBCZ-Kaketoe.

Journal Entry 10 by OBCZ-Kaketoe from Ede, Gelderland Netherlands on Monday, February 02, 2009

Taken from the OBCZ to make room for other books.

Journal Entry 11 by dutch-flybabe at Ede, Gelderland Netherlands on Monday, February 02, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (2/3/2009 UTC) at Ede, Gelderland Netherlands

Sent to Icila to thank her for sending me a book from my wishlist. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 12 by wingIcilawing from Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Friday, February 20, 2009

Back from the French Alps, what a surprise! Thanks a lot for the book and for the stamps.

Journal Entry 13 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Friday, June 14, 2013

Hard but interesting book.

05/05/18 reserved for Ythan's "A little bit of everything VBB".

Journal Entry 14 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Monday, July 09, 2018

Released 3 mos ago (7/9/2018 UTC) at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France

Enjoy the book Ythan and thank you for organizing your VBBs !

Journal Entry 15 by Ythan at Ellon, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, July 12, 2018

Picked this from my A Little Bit of Everything VBB - Round 4. Another 1001 book to my collection.

Thanks very much.