corner corner Wild Animus

Wild Animus
by Rich Shapero | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by littlemark of Middleton, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 07, 2004

status (set by littlemark): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by littlemark from Middleton, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Free from Bookcrossing :0) I guess I'll read it soon... (well, soon as I've finished the two I'm already reading)

Journal Entry 2 by littlemark from Middleton, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Monday, May 03, 2004

I made the mistake of reading a few journal entries for this book, most of which are pretty scathing and many failed to finish the book. I decided I'd have to at least read it through but it was a far from pleasant journey.

Buried beneath the deluded, acid-drenched, babble is a real story of damaged individuals and their search for love, but everything else is just tedious, pointless and largely senseless drivel. The character of Ramsom is loathsome, and the relationship he has with his partner Lindy is abusive to the point of unreality. Yet despite this and the many occasions where he is ridiculed by those around him, the novel still finishes with a sense that he is some kind of heroic, questing, visionary.

This was a difficult book to finish, I've certainly got many more I would rather have been reading than this. The only saving grace is that this is a novel about a man writing 'Wild Animus' and as a reader we only have to read snippets of this, which is virtually unreadable.

Journal Entry 3 by littlemark at on Friday, June 25, 2004

Release planned for Saturday, June 26, 2004 at Swan & Rushes pub, Infirmary Sq in Leicester, England United Kingdom.

I'm sorry to put this on someone else, but it can't stay on my bookshelf forever. Official Bookcrossing Zone in the Lounge.