corner corner Hot Chocolate

Hot Chocolate
by Suzanne Forster | Romance
Registered by copchic905 of St. Louis, Missouri USA on Monday, April 05, 2004

status (set by bookaholic1346): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by copchic905 from St. Louis, Missouri USA on Monday, April 05, 2004

As an altogether book, absolutely superb. "Hot Chocolate" is an enchanting blend of humor and steamy scenes, each story featuring a cup of delicious hot chocolate. I read this book particularly for Lori Foster, but Suszanne Forster and Fayrene Preston also did an outstanding job.

"Not Abigail!", by Suzanne Forster, was packed with delicious scenes. From the 'spiked' hot chocolate to the absent-minded but rather gorgeous boss, this story was wonderfully charming. Plot: Abigial has been pining for Max for years, but he's painfully oblivious. And when he requests her help in finding a wife by Valentine's day, she takes desperate measures. It's a rather cute plot, actually, I enjoyed it very much.

Lori Foster's work, "Tangled Sheets" is my favorite. It goes from sexy to erotic and the chemistry between Cole and 'Shelly' sizzles. Plot: Sophie and Cole are in love with each other -- but neither of them knows it. So Sophie creates a sexy alter ego / twin sister, Shelly, in the hopes of seducing Cole. But it doesn't quite work that way.

The third story, "Buried in her Heart" wasn't the best. In fact, I didn't really like it at all. The characters were too cliché, and the scenes were a bit flat. The added cheesiness of the 'cute-little-animals' was a bit too much for me. Plot: A lawyer, unsatisfied with her job, takes a break at a bed-and-breakfast on the beach, where she meets Jack. But wait, Abby secretly wants to be a cook, and how convenient that Jack is looking for one. However will he convince her?

"Ecstasy" by Fayrene Preston was sexy and adorable... but I'm still dying to know the secret recipe for the 'orgasmic fudge.' Plot: Hayden wants to buy and market a certain recipe from Brenna -- a certain kind of fudge that sends women into throes of ecstasy. The problem is, she won't sell. Instead, Hayden concentrates on what he wants more. Her.

I'd definitely recommend this. It's wonderful reading. And finding things by Lori Foster is very difficult, but she's such a wonderful writer!

Journal Entry 2 by copchic905 at Sent in mail to another BC'er in -- Wild released somewhere in state, Missouri USA on Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Released on Tuesday, May 18, 2004 at Sent in mail to another BC'er in N/A, Missouri USA.

Sent to another BC'er for a trade. Thank you & happy reading :)

Journal Entry 3 by bookaholic1346 from Florence, Kentucky USA on Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Thanks for the trade! Will read & pass along. Happy reading!!

Journal Entry 4 by bookaholic1346 from Florence, Kentucky USA on Friday, June 10, 2005

I'm sorry but I no longer have this book. I went through a nasty divorce and the ex got rid of my favorite things -books- to be spiteful! Maybe someone will find this book one day and it can once again be free.