corner corner They Rot: A post-apocalyptic tale of survival (The Rot) (Volume 1)

Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Tuesday, October 16, 2018

I got this softcover from an online seller. I enjoy post-apocalyptic fiction, but not all such stories are equally enjoyable; this one had its points, including an exceedingly nasty form of a zombie-causing virus - here, the actual virus and spores are visible and utterly horrifying, making the transmission of the "rot" all too easy to see. But most of this story takes place years after the initial disaster, when small groups of survivors eke out livings in hope that the rot has burned itself out, and the only things they really fear are human scavengers. That takes up most of this volume, plus some wrenching flashbacks showing how tough-guy Colin lost his wife and son and became the lonely wanderer he is now. (The end of the book includes a kicker about the fates of his lost family, presumably to introduce a sequel.)

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Little Free Library, Atherton Park in Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Monday, October 22, 2018

Released 3 wks ago (10/23/2018 UTC) at Little Free Library, Atherton Park in Nashua, New Hampshire USA

I left this book in the Little Free Library; hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

Journal Entry 3 by BarkLessWagMore at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Monday, November 05, 2018

I nabbed this book from the Little Free Library at Atherton Park while dropping off a few others. It looks right up my alley :) I'll read it and drop it another LFL.