corner corner Dress Codes for Small Towns

Dress Codes for Small Towns
by Courtney Stevens | Teens
Registered by wingemmejowing of Trumansburg, New York USA on 8/2/2018

status (set by AllenJonathan): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingemmejowing from Trumansburg, New York USA on Thursday, August 02, 2018

I'll admit, I grabbed this book purely on the strength of the cover art and the excellent title. I knew nothing about the author, or anything about the plot beyond what was written on the dust jacket. Luckily it turned out to be a pretty good read!

It is mostly a pretty typical coming-of-age tale, featuring a group of friends who are now starting to wonder if any of them are meant to be "more than friends" and trying to figure out how that affects everyone. The refreshing thing is that unlike the stereotypically hetro version of this plot, we see some cautious, curious exploration of gender and sexuality beyond boy-meets-girl.

I think I'm a little old and jaded for the level of enthusiasm and intensity here, periodically rolling my eyes at the drama of it all, but I can see it being very authentic for teens who are in the same place as Billie and her Hexagon.

Journal Entry 2 by wingemmejowing at Colonial Laundromat in Trumansburg, New York USA on Sunday, August 19, 2018

Released 1 mo ago (8/18/2018 UTC) at Colonial Laundromat in Trumansburg, New York USA

Left on the bookshelf

Journal Entry 3 by AllenJonathan at Trumansburg, New York USA on Sunday, August 19, 2018

Just Got the book @Trumansburg Colonial Landry Mat