corner corner A Room with a View

by E.M. Forster | Literature & Fiction
Registered by MaryJill of Sagle, Idaho USA on 4/1/2004

status (set by goldenboy8): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by MaryJill from Sagle, Idaho USA on Thursday, April 01, 2004

Have registered this volume to send to another bookcrosser, so that it will be read and passed on.

Journal Entry 2 by MaryJill from Sagle, Idaho USA on Friday, April 02, 2004

Mailed the book to tyvmdear in Manitoba Canada today, April 2, 2004.

Journal Entry 3 by tyvmdear from Thompson, Manitoba Canada on Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Got in the mail today as a RABCK from MaryJill.
Thank you MaryJill.

Journal Entry 4 by tyvmdear from Thompson, Manitoba Canada on Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Finally after 6 weeks of reading this book I am done. I so much wanted to read it as I have seen the movie dozens of times.

But alas, I was very disappointed with it. The book was a very hard read for me and not very good. It is a shame since I have read "Maurice" by EM Forster and loved it, I thought for sure I would enjoy this book also.

I'm not sure why I didn't like it. To much description, leaving thoughts unfinished. I really think if I hadn't seen the movie first I would of been very confused.

Maybe I am missing something since I know it is a classic and a well loved story. Maybe I just needed to read it at a different time in my life. Who knows.

Oh well, Thanks again MaryJill for this RABCK. I am glad that I read it even if I didn't like it much.

NOTE:
This was part of a collection of stories but the book has fallen apart, therefore it does not have covers . This book would not survive a wild release.

Journal Entry 5 by tyvmdear from Thompson, Manitoba Canada on Wednesday, May 11, 2005

I am working towards my "Library Technician" diploma and part of the course is book repair.

So I will be trying to repair this book.

I will update again with my "repair report".

Journal Entry 6 by tyvmdear from Thompson, Manitoba Canada on Sunday, June 26, 2005

REPAIR REPORT:

I have now done my repair job on this poor book.
The book had come apart in 4 sections but the whole cover was intact. I was able with great care and patience to make this book whole again. The book can be opened up to all sections and is completly readable. But the very middle of the book still pulls away from the spine, even after being glued more than once (but only at the bottom corner). I think this is the best that can be done with this book and I am very pleased with the repair job.

From what I understand, this is the hardest repair to do and does not always work so I am glad that it did work.

Thank you again for sharing this book with me and giving me the chance to apply the skills I have learned in my course.

I still think it would not be a good idea to wild release this book.

I will be passing this book to my co-worker as he is wanting to read 3 (I think) of the stories.

Journal Entry 7 by tyvmdear from Thompson, Manitoba Canada on Thursday, July 07, 2005

I have now passed this book onto my co-worker. He said he would join and journal the books (fingers crossed)

Journal Entry 8 by goldenboy8 from Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Co-worker handed it on over to me, and it shall be read eventually, or at least 3 of the books in.