corner corner King of the Wind: The Story of the Godolphin Arabian

King of the Wind: The Story of the Godolphin Arabian
by Marguerite Henry | Children's Books
Registered by Cordelia-anne of Someplace, Georgia USA on 6/17/2018

status (set by Cordelia-anne): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Cordelia-anne from Someplace, Georgia USA on Sunday, June 17, 2018

The wonderful Marguerite Henry made the fascinating tale of the Godolphin Arabian horse into a pulsing love story. If only more children had the opportunity to know and love horses.

Amazon Editorial Review

He was named "Sham" for the sun, this golden red stallion born in the Sultan of Morocco's stone stables.Upon his heel was a small white spot, the symbol of speed. But on his chest was the symbol of misfortune.Although he was as swift as the desert winds, Sham's proud pedigree would be scorned all his lifeby cruel masters and owners. This is the classic story of Sham and his friend, the stable boy Agba. Their adventures take themfrom the sands of the Sahara to the royal courts of France and, finally, to the green pastures andstately homes of England. For Sham was the renowned Godolphin Arabian, whose blood flows through the veinsof almost every superior Thoroughbred. Sham's speed-like his story-has become legendary.

Journal Entry 2 by Cordelia-anne at Briarlake Forest Park in Atlanta, Georgia USA on Sunday, June 17, 2018

Released 3 mos ago (6/18/2018 UTC) at Briarlake Forest Park in Atlanta, Georgia USA

Hello! You've received this book from bookcrossing, a random community of book lovers. If you'd like to join the bookcrossing story of this book, please make a journal entry at our site with the BCID (bookcrossing ID) on the bookplate. Bookcrossing is free to join and confidential. Tell us anything you'd like to share about this book.

Journal Entry 3 by Cordelia-anne at Someplace, Georgia USA on Sunday, August 12, 2018

When I stopped by the Briarlake Forest Park Library today, I was happy to see that this book has been chosen. It's traveling. I hope it finds many new readers!