corner corner Sensual Meditation: Awakening the Mind by Awakening the Body

Sensual Meditation: Awakening the Mind by Awakening the Body
by Claude Vorilhon "Rael" | Health, Mind & Body
Registered by wingDavros-10wing of Lutwyche, Queensland Australia on 6/14/2018

status (set by Davros-10): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingDavros-10wing from Lutwyche, Queensland Australia on Thursday, June 14, 2018

Purchased for 20c (one of a box of about 50 books for $10) at a garage sale. Not something I'm interested in myself but bought purposely just for giving away at Little Free Libraries and for Bookcrossing.

I was somewhat disturbed by the apparent melding of the Star Of David and the swastika in the emblem on the cover, but I imagine the swastika is used in its original sense as a sacred symbol of spiritual principles in Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism. And I see it gets an average rating of 4.6 stars out of 5 (11 reviews) on GoodReads, so I must be reasonably good in the minds of its readers.

From the back cover:

"The human being is linked by his/her receptors, the senses, to the infinite which surrounds and composes him/her. By developing one's sensuality, one develops one's capacity to feel connected with the infinite, to feel infinite oneself.

Sensual Meditation is the "instruction manual" given to us to teach us how to master the harmonizing possibilities within the brain, by those best placed to know, those who designed the human being. Allowing one to deprogram the Judeo-Christian inhibitions of guilt, while at the same time not falling into the ethereal mysticisms of the Eastern teachings, Sensual Meditation allows the human to discover his/her body and especially to learn how to use it to enjoy sounds, colors, smells, tastes, caresses, and particularly a sexuality felt with all one's senses, so as to experience the cosmic orgasm, infinite and absolute, which illuminates the mind by linking the one who reaches it with the universes he/she is composed of and composes."

Book description from amazon.com:
"Paperback
Publisher: Aom; First Printing edition (1987)
ISBN-10: 4900480088
ISBN-13: 978-4900480087
ASIN: B002FT9DHK"

Journal Entry 2 by wingDavros-10wing at Little Free Library in Lutwyche City Shopping Centre in Lutwyche, Queensland Australia on Thursday, June 14, 2018

Released 2 mos ago (6/14/2018 UTC) at Little Free Library in Lutwyche City Shopping Centre in Lutwyche, Queensland Australia

Welcome to BookCrossing!

Thanks for checking the site out. I hope you enjoy both the book and the site. People all over the world are tracking their books through BookCrossing. While you're here, I'd really appreciate it if you'd make a journal entry for this book so I know that it's safe. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (it's free).

If you do decide to become a BookCrosser please consider using me, Davros-10, as the member who referred you. If you are already familiar with BookCrossing, thanks for picking up the book, I hope it is one you were looking for!

Please feel free to keep this book for as long as you wish, and whenever you're ready pass it on to a friend, or leave it "in the wild" for someone else to find. Then watch its journey - you'll be alerted by email each time someone makes a new journal entry. It's all confidential, free and fun (and addictive - but in a GOOD way)!

Left in the Little Free Library box at the back of the food court.