corner corner Look to Windward

by Iain M. Banks | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by miriam2 of Oshkosh, Wisconsin USA on 6/10/2018

status (set by Karinajaager): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by miriam2 from Oshkosh, Wisconsin USA on Sunday, June 10, 2018

Am reading it, need to finish it so my suitcase didn't explode since I got too many sweaters in the Faroe islands...

Journal Entry 2 by miriam2 at Airport in Sørvágur, Faroe Faroe Islands (Denmark) on Monday, June 11, 2018

Released 1 mo ago (6/11/2018 UTC) at Airport in Sørvágur, Faroe Faroe Islands (Denmark)

I hope this provides someone entertainment while waiting for the bus or their plane! I quite enjoyed it (and the Faroe Islands, too!).

Journal Entry 3 by makke at Sørvágur, Faroe Faroe Islands (Denmark) on Monday, June 11, 2018

Well, it was worth it to come too early to the airport - I desperately needed somethibg to read and a BC book on top of it, wonderful! I haven't read any Iain M. Banks for years, so I'm really excited.

Journal Entry 4 by makke at Piusa koopad in Võru vald, Võrumaa Estonia on Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Released 3 wks ago (6/20/2018 UTC) at Piusa koopad in Võru vald, Võrumaa Estonia

I have read Iain Banks' mainstream fiction before and I liked it, but this must the first of his sci-fi genre. I've never been too much to sci-fi, perhaps as I have had somewhat prejudices regarding my lack of understanding when it comes to all the technical questions which often play a fundamental role in the story. In this one they were of importance, too, but I actually found them interesting. I should maybe try to read this one in a language that I can better than English, I now may have missed important nuances.

Piusa caves may not be the most sci-fi or futuristic place in Estonia but suitable anyway. :)

EDIT: The museum cave was closed but I left the book outside on a bench.

Journal Entry 5 by Karinajaager at Piusa, Võrumaa Estonia on Thursday, June 21, 2018

Found this book right on the bench where it was left. Picked it up and will definitely read it on breaks at work (Piusa caves guide).
I was lucky to find it before it started to rain.