corner corner London Calling (Inspector Carlyle)

London Calling (Inspector Carlyle)
by James Craig | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingyorkshire-lasswing of Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on 6/7/2018

status (set by dolph1n): available

Journal Entry 1 by wingyorkshire-lasswing from Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Thursday, June 07, 2018

Thank you for picking up this book and logging on to the website, I hope you enjoy reading it, when you have finished it please make a journal entry so that I know what you have decided to do with the book next. If you decide to join BookCrossing (it’s free and completely private your e-mail address is never given out) please say yorkshire-lass sent you. Happy BookCrossing!

From fantasticfiction.co.uk

Can you win an election and cover up murder at the same time? In the middle of a General Election, someone is targeting former members of the ultra-exclusive Merrion Club, youthful hedonists addicted to excess transformed into pillars of the political establishment. Next in the killer's sights is charismatic, ruthless Edgar Carlton, the man poised to be the next Prime Minister. But, with power almost in his grasp, Edgar will not stand idly by while his birthright is threatened. When Inspector John Carlyle finds a body in a luxury London hotel room he begins a journey through the murky world of the British ruling classes which leads all the way to the top. Operating in a world where right and wrong don't exist and the pursuit of power is everything, Carlyle has to find the killer before Carlton's people take the matter into their own hands

A good read, I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the series.

Journal Entry 2 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Released 2 mos ago (6/14/2018 UTC) at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom

This is going into the Town & Country Bookring.

Journal Entry 3 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 20, 2018

I couldn't choose between the books I received in the Town & Country ring, so I've read this & put it back in 😊

As this is a new author to me & the start of a new series, the question is, will it be a series I want to follow? Well the components I enjoy were all there for a potentially gripping read; a loner of an Inspector, some gory murders, battles with authority & victims/suspects in high places & overall I found it a reasonably good read.

Initially I wasn't sure I was going to like Carlyle, (which puts me with most of the characters in the book!) but his dour personality has grown on me enough to be encouraged to read more. And anyway, I want to see the smile wiped of Simpson's smug face....

Journal Entry 4 by wingPlum-crazywing at by post, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Released 1 mo ago (6/22/2018 UTC) at by post, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

Added back to the Town & Country bookring

Journal Entry 5 by dolph1n at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Monday, June 25, 2018

Taken from the Town and Country bookring.

Journal Entry 6 by dolph1n at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Monday, August 06, 2018

What can I say? I didn't like Carlyle. I thought the descriptions of the rapes were too graphic. A lot of the story was unnecessary and seemed like padding.
It's not all bad news, I thought the plot itself was a good one.